Unitrunker 1.0.0.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Release 11 is now available in the download page.

FIXED (I hope) - crash with BCD396XT. Note: when turning on the CC dump feature for this and the BCD996XT models, do not enable the "Extended" option.

Caution: this fix may have introduced new bugs affecting other Uniden models. More testing is needed. Keep a copy of release 10 handy (also available on the website) in case you need to fall back a version.

FIXED: RR DB does not provide true LCNs for P25 sites. Download now computes LCN for 700/800 Mhz systems with a standard band plan.

FIXED: "KillFocus" UI tweaks for editing cells; clicking away from a cell will cause cell edits to be committed to the cell (for text, path, and color). Previously the edit was lost. Need a similar fix for combo boxes. This was never an issue for check boxes.

FIXED: Parse bug found and fixed for handling Uniden models.

FIXED: Interval tweak for animated text display (may fix a bug reported by FlashSWT).

ENHANCED: Site Lock has been further enhanced - the radio remembers the currently monitored site upon exit. This allows you to shut down, restart, and automatically resume monitoring an EDACS system without going through the extra manual step of providing the control channel frequency to verify the monitored site (Forts had suggested this).

FIXED: References to the Windows API not supported by Windows 95/98/ME have been removed. The program should run (again) on these older platforms.

PREVIEW: the Feeds tab is now visible (but not yet functional). Current design for the Feeds peer-to-peer network should be transparent to most users - including those operating behind a firewall.

Unitrunker.com Download

Regards,
Rick

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all of your hard work Rick!
Will run the latest version through its
paces when I get time later today.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I seem to still be having issues with the site lock feature. I installed 1.0.0.11 and started it up on my local EDACS system. Configured my receiver for EDACS only with the site lock box checked. Entered all the frequencies and tagged a few talkgroups, then saved my work and exited out. Started UT back up and it immediately came up with a new Limbo system saying 'Frequency Required'.

bpsmicro

Drat, I was hoping the intermittent problem I was seeing would go away with the next build, but it hasn't. So I guess I have to "formally" report it. It's very intermittent, but consistent, so tricky to troubleshoot.

Basically I'm connected to a Pro2020, locked on one Motorola VHF CC, and 99% of the time it works perfectly. But every now and then, totally at random, it'll just stop decoding. The site display just stops responding. Sometimes the last transmission it was looking at is hung in the middle of that nifty fade-out thing, so it looks more like a display logic fault than a decoding fault.

I can shut down UnitTrunker fine (so the parent app isn't hung), and restart it, and it fires back up again. I can go days without this happening, then it'll happen two or three times in one day. I can't find any logical explanations that'd be relevant. I am running on Win7 64-bit.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Brad.

paul

Tried version 1.0.0.11 on a Toshiba laptop running Windows ME. It wouldn't run.

"Error Starting Program
The C:/Program Files/Unitrunker/Uniform.exe file expects a newer version of Windows
Upgrade your Windows version"

Would be great if I could use the program on this computer.

SCPD

QRT
Forts / Brad / Paul - thank you. I'm looking at these now. Thought the 95/98/ME problem was fixed.

SCPD

QRT
Configured my receiver for EDACS only with the site lock box checked. Entered all the frequencies and tagged a few talkgroups, then saved my work and exited out. Started UT back up and it immediately came up with a new Limbo system saying 'Frequency Required'.
Crud. For everyone with this problem - you'll have to manually enter the active control channel frequency. The program will find the previously logged system (with associated frequencies and talkgroups). Obviously this is not ideal for an unattended re-start.

CrazyCalifornian

Premium Subscriber
Rick,

Using the Dependency Walker in Win95, I show these calls as invalid.
Kernal32.dll:
InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount
InterlockedCompareExchange
IsDebuggerPresent
IsProcessorFeaturePresent
TryEnterCriticalSection
User32.dll:
GetMonitorInfoA
MonitorFromPoint
MonitorFromWindow

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
All have been removed from my code ... but IsProcessorFeaturePresent and possibly one or two others are used by the Microsoft C run time. I'll have to roll back to VS.2005 to resume support of 9X/ME which I'm not happy about to say the least (I was looking forward to deleting VS.2005 off my dev box).

CrazyCalifornian

Premium Subscriber
LOL, yep I hear ya...
I'm still using VS 6 just because the runtime dll's still work on Win95 up to Win 7 :)

Keeping away from VB.NET since that can be decompiled just as easily as the old VB3...

At least I can still run Unitrunker on my XP box, so that''s cool...

Jay

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Boy, Unitrunker REALLY goes nuts if you try to monitor an EDACS controller that's weak, and cutting in and out.

New system detected every second, or faster. End up with 33 EDACS 'limbo' systems before I can turn off the reciever.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
With and without sitelock checked.

Sigh. For some reason, my computer's line in seems to have just died, so I can't try audio in anymore, only C-C Dump from my new 996XT. At least that works, for Motorola systems.

FlashSWT

FIXED: Interval tweak for animated text display (may fix a bug reported by FlashSWT).

I hate to say it Rick but it looks like this issue persists. As I mentioned in my Private Message a week or so ago, the blink is there, just really really slow. Like 7 seconds between brightness changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.