Unitrunker 1.0.0.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
It runs okay, but on a local Motorola rebanded 800 system, it is displaying the wrong frequencies. I selected "Rebanded" for the type of system, it made no difference. Do I need to enter a bandplan? If so, what do I use?

Highpockets

It runs okay, but on a local Motorola rebanded 800 system, it is displaying the wrong frequencies. I selected "Rebanded" for the type of system, it made no difference. Do I need to enter a bandplan? If so, what do I use?

What happens if you go to the channels tab, delete the freq's, just add the control channel, check the boxes Control and Confirmed and try running the program again.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What happens if you go to the channels tab, delete the freq's, just add the control channel, check the boxes Control and Confirmed and try running the program again.

If I do that, the control channel displays correctly, but when the system frequencies are added, they're wrong. The frequencies that didn't change after rebanding display correctly; the former 866-868 band frequencies display in the 863 and 864 Mhz band.

Highpockets

If I do that, the control channel displays correctly, but when the system frequencies are added, they're wrong. The frequencies that didn't change after rebanding display correctly; the former 866-868 band frequencies display in the 863 and 864 Mhz band.

I guess I would try to enter a band plan at this point, depending on what scanner you have, if Uniden use the one for the Unidens after rebanding, if RS/GRE use the one posted for them after rebanding, then I would delete the freq's again except the CC and see what happens. After that I would wait for Unitrunker to respond. :)

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Now, running on a 3600 baud, non rebanded Moto system, it shows the correct control channel frequency, but all the system frequencies are showing up as all zeros. ??

Highpockets

Now, running on a 3600 baud, non rebanded Moto system, it shows the correct control channel frequency, but all the system frequencies are showing up as all zeros. ??

Sorry I can't come up with any more options, now I can't wait until Unitrunker responds or someone else with better ideas. I'd like to know what your problem is myself.

I never have any problems with non or rebanded systems, I just set it to North American or Rebanded and it usually decodes fine. I guess I'll follow this thread, I'll learn something.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I closed and restarted the program, now it has replaced the zeros with the system frequencies. :eek:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What happens now with the rebanded system, or is this the rebanded system?

That was on the non-rebanded system. On the rebanded system, it's still putting in the wrong frequencies. I edited them manually.

Also, the "LCN" numbers don't match a web site that I found that lists them, unless I was looking at an old list.

SCPD

QRT
My guess is the program ignores the default bandplan selection. I'll do some testing. It would be helpful to know - (a) which system; (b) active control channel frequency and LCN; and (c) actual logged LCN / expected frequency for some voice channels.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
My guess is the program ignores the default bandplan selection. I'll do some testing. It would be helpful to know - (a) which system; (b) active control channel frequency and LCN; and (c) actual logged LCN / expected frequency for some voice channels.

System is Coral Springs, Fl, Motorola system ID is 3619. Info for the system here in the RR Database (Broward Co. FL) is correct. I have since edited the frequencies using the LCN numbers displayed. I can't recall which frequencies were being displayed incorrectly, but they were showing up in the 864.xxxx range. The frequencies below 866 MHz were showing up correctly, just the rebanded ones were appearing wrong. Later, it was displaying zeros in place of any frequency, except it did show the correct control channel frequency, which was 853.875.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What happened?

I assigned text tags/labels to a lot of the groups on one of the systems/sites that I monitor. Now, one of the sites I monitor has stopped using the tags and labels I assigned, and it treating it like a brand new system. Yet when I click on the groups and users tabs, the labels and tags are still there. How do I get the program to start using the tags I assigned? I spent a lot of time labeling these.

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
I'm noticing that radio IDs/labels are missing in the talkgroup history tab.

When I have a talkgroup window open and am watching the history scroll I have noticed that some radio IDs/labels are not displayed. Specifically I have noticed that a radio ID does not show up when it transmits right after another radio. (or if multiple radios transmit in rapid succession only the first is shown) A radio ID will only show up if there is a few second delay between transmissions.

I find this strange because every radio ID is displayed on the main window which monitors every frequency on my system. The radio ID is also logged at the bottom of the window without any missing entries.. The timing of a radio's transmission does not effect this...

I would very much like to have an accurate log of each talk group. This I have found is especially beneficial when I'm concentrating on tagging specific radio IDs on a specific talkgroup.

If it helps I'm using a tapped pro-95 that I had kicking around. My signal "health" is consistently in the high 90s. and im monitoring the Alachua County System in Florida. Gainesville / Alachua County Trunking System, Gainesville, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

I looked over this post a few times http://forums.radioreference.com/tr...-question-about-unitrunker-tracking-time.html but it seems that br0adband's problem was "program wide" and not limited to just the talkgroup's history tab. So I'm not sure its the same issue.

Let me know if there are any logs that I can post that might help.

-Jay

SCPD

QRT
I assigned text tags/labels to a lot of the groups on one of the systems/sites that I monitor. Now, one of the sites I monitor has stopped using the tags and labels I assigned, and it treating it like a brand new system. Yet when I click on the groups and users tabs, the labels and tags are still there. How do I get the program to start using the tags I assigned? I spent a lot of time labeling these.
Check the System tab on the main program window. Has the program somehow created two copies of the same system? If so - open up each system to see which one has your data - and delete the other one. To avoid this problem in the future - use the auto-start feature on the decoding receiver. Decoding won't start until all data has completed loading (normally only a few seconds).

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
When I have a talkgroup window open and am watching the history scroll I have noticed that some radio IDs/labels are not displayed. Specifically I have noticed that a radio ID does not show up when it transmits right after another radio. (or if multiple radios transmit in rapid succession only the first is shown) A radio ID will only show up if there is a few second delay between transmissions.
Interesting. I'll check this out.

As an experiment - try closing the group window and re-opening it.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Check the System tab on the main program window. Has the program somehow created two copies of the same system? If so - open up each system to see which one has your data - and delete the other one.

I forget if I ever mentioned this, but I've tried downloading a system and found that it will create a duplicate copy of the system already in my database (from either running it with actual data or from a previous version). I don't recall if this was happening pre-.10, but it was certainly happening in .10. Haven't tried such in .11 yet.

I'll try to get a specific example tomorrow - I won't be powering on my netbook until the morning, and all my data's on there..

SCPD

QRT
tried downloading a system and found that it will create a duplicate copy of the system already in my database (from either running it with actual data or from a previous version). I don't recall if this was happening pre-.10, but it was certainly happening in .10. Haven't tried such in .11 yet.
Cool - please let me know what you find. Ken isn't a premium subscriber so I doubt his issue is download related.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Check the System tab on the main program window. Has the program somehow created two copies of the same system? If so - open up each system to see which one has your data - and delete the other one. To avoid this problem in the future - use the auto-start feature on the decoding receiver. Decoding won't start until all data has completed loading (normally only a few seconds).

If I click on the "Systems" tab, double click the system I want, and another screen comes up with the sites for that system. When I double click the site I want, the site shows, but the signal strength indicator in the upper left corner is blank, even though the radio is running. And, clicking on the radio icon - "signal"- , fails to bring up the proper window; the icon doesn't work. Something is amiss.

EDIT: Problem is resolved. I had sites and systems reversed and/or mislabeled.

Last edited:

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
As an experiment - try closing the group window and re-opening it.

Nope, the radio IDs are still missing.

Also tried using a fresh copy of the program so see if there were any settings that I had messed with a while ago which may have been to blame for this but the problem still exists.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
Are you talking about something similar to this?

Unitrunker.png

As you can see, there are several calls showing up in the site window that do not show up in the group window.

Status
Not open for further replies.