UniTrunker 1.0.30.1 / DSD+ settings double check

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Just upgraded to the latest & greatest UT in preparation for the new DSD+ to be released soon...
Thanks for the help from UT & others getting from 28 to present...

Hoping someone could take a quick look & see if I'm doing anything wrong...

Attachments

• ut_dsd+.jpg
    ut_dsd+.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 375

SCPD

QRT
Joe - I've explained this before. You're running experimental software. If you don't want to sign up on the Google Groups mailing list, just wait for the official release. When a release is promoted, the announcement goes out by email, twitter and a post in this forum.

joeuser

The Wretched
Joe - I've explained this before. You're running experimental software. If you don't want to sign up on the Google Groups mailing list, just wait for the official release. When a release is promoted, the announcement goes out by email, twitter and a post in this forum.
I think you misunderstand my post. I'm not having any issues. Everything is working. I'm not unhappy, complaining, or conveying anything negative. All I was asking for is someone to take a quick look at my settings & see I don't have something goofy set. You, found that my signal receiver was not muted a couple weeks ago. I muted it, noted no change after - noted no issues before. I guess it was a suggestion. So like the signal receiver not being muted that now is, because you saw it & told me about it - I'm asking here to have a double check. I'm not being aggressive in either post, understand? I'm not out to get you! Dang...

SCPD

QRT
Hi Joe;

When I make a preview release available, I've made an announcement on the mailing list. The announcement describes what's new, fixed or changed. Some of it represents a work-in-progress. There are often good reasons for NOT installing a preview release. When you download and install a preview release, you're flying blind. The preview version could have a bug or some unintended consequence that is in the process of being fixed.

When you post a screenshot with the preview version number like that, you're encouraging others to download the preview version. They end up with a bad experience - which can be avoided by waiting for an official release.

Here's an example: you download a preview version, run it on your local P25 system. Works great so you announce that. Someone else downloads it - expecting to have the same experience. He's monitoring an MPT1327 system - and this hypothetical preview happens to have a MPT1327 decoding bug so he's not happy. He posts about his bad experience here. I have to step in and ask him to roll back.

We avoid this problem by having individuals volunteer for preview testing. That smaller audience is managed through the Google group.

All I'm saying is ... if anyone wants to mess with the preview releases - please sign up on the Google group. You don't need a gmail account - just an email address.

joeuser

The Wretched
OK I got you now. Yes, I intended no harm but I can see your POV now. You could have added or removed a setting that I'm asking to be double checked. I compared this version to my old one 27 & saw no differences regarding the settings. I sincerely apologize. Appreciate your understanding & explaining it to me. If I may, did you see any issues with my setting? I will see if I can change the title.

To anyone reading this thread: This version I am using is not a stable release!

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.