UniTrunker 1.0.33.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I am trying to install Unitrunker 1.0.33.6 on my netbook (Windows 10). I am currently running 1.0.32.7.

When I run the install for the newer version of the software, the install wizard refuses to run and throws the error below:

Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed.

Any thoughts? If I have to remove the old version, how can I preserve logs and system data for all the systems I have tracked?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ben, I replied in your other thread, but for the benefit of others:

This is a known glitch with the 1.0.33.6 installer. Simply uninstall whatever version is currently installed, then run the installer again.

All data will be preserved, however if you want to be extra cautious, backup all files contained in the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Unitrunker directory

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
That happened to me as well. I don't think the version was changed in the installer to reflect the new version, so it thinks it is already installed. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new. I just made sure I re-pointed the path to the data files location and restarted the program.

Do an archive first and if by chance it doesn't come up properly, click on the last full archive and click take me back button.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the replies. Wasn't trying to cross post...seemed like we were veering off topic in the other thread so I figured I would pose this question here where others with the same issue might see it. I did a quick search for the current version number but did not turn up a previous discussion on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.