Unitrunker 1 rtlsdr ok but 2 rtlsdr not ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VK2NP

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I hope someone has an answer I have the latest Unitrunker working fine on a single RTL dongle with VAC to DSD+ but I have tried everything changing the serial number and name , but Unitrunker sees only one RTLSDR

If I run rtl_test shows two no probs also I can select either in SDR# or SDR Console ?

Somehow one s hiding the other if that makes sense.

Appreciate any assistance,

Cliff

frazpo

try loading the driver with the one that your computer won't see. Is it not finding a particular one?

VK2NP

Premium Subscriber
try loading the driver with the one that your computer won't see. Is it not finding a particular one?

Thanks for the reply,

I can load either one no problems just if i plug both in Unitrunker doesn't see one of them at all. I am using a Nooelec as the main one and a generic dongle for the other, sees the Nooelec ok not the other but if i plug in two of the same nooelecs same issue .

Can run each individually just not two at once in Unitrunker

Both come up in the cmdline when I run RTL_TEST or other utilities. SDR Console sees both.

I have one named RTLBlack and changed the S/N to 1090

The other I named RTLBlue and changed the S/N to 49

Only sees the first one.

Even tried different versions of Unitrunker same problem.

Really like to get this working

I am running on Win7

Cliff

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
when installing the driver make sure the one thats already installed is not connected, just to be sure, I got another RTL-SDR V3 last week and tried trunking with the 2 and i had to do that

i-Scan

Premium Subscriber
You might try to temporarily switch the control and signal dongles... I think also, it seemed to matter with some applications that the same dongle is inserted into the same USB port as was when Zadig driver installed it. With others, they didn't seem to matter about that. Unitrunker has so many settings that it is hard to keep up.

VK2NP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jason,

Think I've tried every option but will try again. I never see more than one selectable in Unitrunker

VK2NP

Premium Subscriber
I have swapped dongles and substituted another same issue. thanks anyway

i-Scan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jason,

Think I've tried every option but will try again. I never see more than one selectable in Unitrunker

Wow, wow, wow. I just read this myself... Carl Laufer sez 99% of the time windows updates may take out your driver and install RTL-SDR drivers automatically... Quick Start Guide - rtl-sdr.com
and go there to see the gamut of his solutions--this is HUGE.

Dog

Thanks Jason,

If you aren't seeing both dongles you are not installing the drivers properly.

Don't unplug the dongles when you use ZaDig and don't change the name or any of the information.

SCPD

QRT
Hi Cliff;

Can run each individually just not two at once in Unitrunker.
Both come up in the cmdline when I run RTL_TEST or other utilities. SDR Console sees both.
I have one named RTLBlack and changed the S/N to 1090
The other I named RTLBlue and changed the S/N to 49

Make sure each USB stick is paired with WinUSB in Zadig. If they are, then this is a bug in the program.

VK2NP

Premium Subscriber
Hi Cliff;

Make sure each USB stick is paired with WinUSB in Zadig. If they are, then this is a bug in the program.

Hi,

Thank you yes they are indeed set up ok with Zadig with WinUSB , I ran them both yesterday one with SDRsharp for WX Satellites and the other with Unitrunker so they are seen individually just not with Unitrunker.

One thing is i noticed when selecting on SDRsharp is the name they have are identical for both I guess it is the hardcoded name/type etc. Could it be this which is confusing Unitrunker ?

Generic RTL2832U OEM for both under SDRsharp but I can select either

Under Unitrunker - one: RTLBlack 1090
two: RTL2838UHDIR ACARS

Can see one or the other with Unitrunker but not both.

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.