Unitrunker - 1 Voice Role and 2 Signal Roles - Behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Quick question.

If I have 1 voice following receiver and 2 signal receivers, does the voice receiver take commands from both signal receivers and the priorities? Or just one of the signal receivers? What is the expected behavior?

Thanks!

S

screamin72

Worked for me!

Quick question.

If I have 1 voice following receiver and 2 signal receivers, does the voice receiver take commands from both signal receivers and the priorities? Or just one of the signal receivers? What is the expected behavior?

Thanks!

Just based on my experience I had 2 USB RTL dongles for signal receivers for 2 sites and used 1 RTL dongle for voice receiver it worked but cpu spiked with it having to decode 3 streams. I followed both sites with no other issue. This was in version 20 I am now working with 28.1 preview. I didn't try this with the new version.

I could see talk groups on both sites and the voice receiver alternated between them both. My local trunking system is setup for redundancy because we do live in tornado alley in case a tower gets knocked out.

SCPD

QRT
What is the expected behavior?
Each voice role receiver "races" to next call. With two signal receivers, the one voice receiver takes call traffic from both sites into consideration.

This works great for live monitoring but the broadcastify crowd isn't very happy. They want finer granularity for each voice role receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.