Unitrunker 28.4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
I have an rtl-sdr running with an older ver. of unitrunker. When I install the new ver. 28.4 in it's own dir. and start the program...can't get the rtl to start. When I press the run/play button the dongle does not show it as running. As I am able to use it in an older ver., was wondering what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Make sure no other programs are accessing the RTL stick. As an example, SDR# is notorious for reserving these devices even when not actually using them.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
How would I do that? Is there a way to unload the driver so nothing is using the rtl? Thanks for the help. PS> this is with win7-pro 64bit.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Ok...so I moved over to my dell laptop to try 28.4 ver. and the same thing happens there as well. Win 7 pro also. Hit "+" to add rec., pick rtl, set park freq to cc., hit play to see if it will run. This rtl has run with earlier ver. of unitrunker. But now I'm trying to get it to run both rtl's to follow conv. Should I be loading the zag driver first? Something in the unitrunk I should be configuring? I think it is something easy as it (rtl) works in all other programs. Will check some more with setup.

PhillyPhoto

Did you select the second stick in the drop down in the UT receiver screen? Mine have different numbers so I can tell them apart, but I'm not sure if they all do (my first one is just all 0's).

Did you close out the other instance of UniTrunker and SDR# if you use that?

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
According to the rtl doc. I'm just selecting bulk-0 as the signal. Set cc freq. and hit play to see if the stick will decode anything. I have had these 2 rtl-2832 running on other apps, including Linux...so I know they work. Just not with unitrunker 28.4. So I can't get pass the first set to see if it will come on/play. Will try with a powered hub now to see if that helps. I just don't get how a simple thing like setting this up to play with unitrunk is so f..ing hard to get it to run. Have read most posts going back awhile! Anyone else not able to get the rtl to play as in run?

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Ok...cleared all installs of unitrunk, use ccleaner on pc. Setup powered hub, plug both rtl-s in to hub, both get picked up by win7. Install zag drvs. for rtl. Install uni. 28.4 to c:\program files (86)\unitrunker. Go to uni dir. and sent shortcut to desktop to open from desktop. Open uni 28.4, add both rtl's, 1-signal, 1-voice. Set sig. to park freq of cc. At this point all looks to be setup just to run 1 rtl to see if it decodes. Hit play....nothing...still says that the rtl is stopped. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to even just run, little alone get it to decode. So at this time I'm not sure what else to do! Both rtl's run in sdr#. (with both decoding fm or something) at the same time. Has to be something with the software as both rtl's will work in all other apps...just not uni 28.4 **** like this can keep a guy awake for days....lol.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Hooked up disc. from radio tap, setup uni 28.4 like rtl-sdr only for disc. tap. Hit run/play....right away it was showing trunk info from cc. So I think it has to do with the rtl dongles not liking uni. 28.4. I don't know...pisses me right off. Guess I'll just use them in other program but this one...oh well.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the 2832u. They were bought over a year ago so I know they work good. After much looking and changing setting I was able to get the 2 rtl's working...some what. Seems one of my ext.usb cables was at fault. Pc kept rebooting after I plug one rtl in...usb power over load yata,yata,yata. New cable and I'm back up. I have both rtl's working in analog mode. Trying to follow a fleetnet, but only analog comms. Is there anyone that has an optimal setup with optical as the output (what they hear from the pc) That is the only output I have, that is why I ask. Any guide to setting besides the doc. with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.