Unitrunker and 396T Voice Following

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmisk

I have discovered that if I load a fresh install of Unitrunker then the 396T for voice following works fine until the Unitrunker application is closed. When re-started, the 396T will no longer communicate and follow voice calls.

The 396T window will show that the program is following the talkgroups. Parking, frequency and source are updating correctly, but there is no COM 1 data flow (using an RS232 breakout box). If I attempt to switch the 396T to stopped, then the unitrunker application will stop running and Task Manager reports that Unitrunker is not responding.

If I load a fresh install of Unitrunker, then the 396T will voice track normally.

Unitrunker is an amazing application and I have been having a great deal of enjoyment getting everything up and running.

Mike

mmisk

I also have a BC245XLT that I am trying to get up and running with Unitrunker.
I seems very difficult to coax it to receive control codes and then begin following
the tallk groups at first. I have tried many different start up methods but nothing
seems to help. When it does begin receiving control codes it runs fine, but if you
shut down and restart it is almost impossible to make it voice follow. If I leave it
alone it may begin voice following, but I am not sure what made it start.

One thing I noticed is that the RF command is acceptable at manual, VFO mode only.

Perhaps sending a command KEY01 to force the 245 into manual mode would solve this problem. The KEY01 could be sent at regular intervals to make sure that the 245 would accept the RF command.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for an amazing application.
Mike

SCPD

QRT
Mike - make sure you don't have any stale shortcuts from a previous installation. Restarting the app from a different shortcut may load a different configuration.

mmisk

That is a very good suggestion. I will give it a try with a fresh installation, and make sure all previous files are removed.

Thank you once again.
Mike

mmisk

BC245 XLT is now voice following flawlessly!

Hello,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just installed ver. 1.0.25.2. My BC245 XLT is now voice following EDACS flawlessly!

The BC245 has to have trunking off, then select manual mode. Then turn on computer control and
it will accept control codes. I read somewhere that the BC245 has to be in manual mode before invoking computer control or it will not accept control codes and this does seem to be the case.

It then receives commands perfectly from UT ver. 1.0.25.2.

Thank you!

Mike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike - make sure you don't have any stale shortcuts from a previous installation. Restarting the app from a different shortcut may load a different configuration.

SCPD

QRT
Hi m.o.

Update: the latest release 25 preview should work for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.