Unitrunker and BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Premium Subscriber
Should I be able to voice control a BCD996P2 in Unitrunker through the front USB connection? I've added a second receiver for voice control in my setup. I have a BCD996P2 providing the control channel, a BCD536HP for voice control. I'm trying to add the second BCD996P2 for a second voice control receiver. When I plug in the front USB cable it connects to the PC as Com5. I can control the radio with Free Scan, upload/download, etc, but can't seem to get Unitrunker to connect to it. Baud rates are all set to 115200, 8, 1, none. I also updated the firmware to 1.07.07. Unitrunker shows it's running but it never changes the display on the scanner, and no audio on voice traffic. I've included a screen shot of the setup in Unitrunker. The 536 works great. Not sure what I'm missing here with the 996.

Attachments

• BCD996P2.jpg
    BCD996P2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 338

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker

With each version of Unitrunker, you have running, you can have 1 radio to monitor the control channel, and 1 radio to listen to the voice. A total of 2 scanners. Not 3.

Fletch

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I thought I remember reading on this forum that Unitrunker could control an unlimited number of radios. Maybe I misread it.

SCPD

QRT
The limit to the number radios are (a) physical ports (eg. serial or USB) (b) CPU and (c) memory.

The BCD996P2 is not supported.

Fletch

Premium Subscriber
Well I got it working. I changed the radio model to a BCD536HP and Unitrunker is now controlling the voice on the 996P2 and my 536HP. It actually works pretty good. The 996P2 VCO level is set to 99 and the 536HP is set to 10. So each radio has different priorities. Although they both hit on transmissions of 10 or less. So two things. It is possible to control multiple radios (as as Unitrunker pointed out, limited only by the number of physical COM ports) and the BCD996P2 does work using the BCD536HP model in setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.