Unitrunker and Fleet Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Ok Rick, I am up against a wall. I have identified the system in question as a Type I. I even read a Maxtrac programmed on the system and got the size code (Motorola B) for the block I am interested in. After talking to some other people locally involved with the system I believe that all the blocks are probably the same size code. Now,,,,, I got as far as Insert and Fleet. How do I need to set this up? I reviewed your documentation and several threads on the subject but I keep coming up empty handed. I would certainly appreciate your help in setting this up.

SCPD

QRT
Hang on. I'll post a screenshot.
-rick

Attachments

• fleetmap-cropped.PNG
    fleetmap-cropped.PNG
    19.9 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I am just confused here. But.... How do I need to enter the data to get the same end result you posted in your screenshot. I tried several different times to program this but could never achieve exactly what you have. My second question is; when I program a line of the fleetmap it starts rapidly multiplying until it fills up several pages of the fleet screen with identical lines. Is this normal or am I causing this by something I am doing wrong? Just when I thought I had all the principals of trunking down too. I will say it again and I think I speak for most of the forum when I say thanks for your efforts to help everyone out with your programs Rick.

SCPD

QRT
Mattsenft said:
How do I need to enter the data to get the same end result you posted in your screenshot.
First, beware that the documentation is probably wrong as this section of the program was revamped for Motorola fleetmaps.

From the main menu, type "I" (insert) ... "F" (fleet). You should see "Bank0 ... Bank7" all lined up in a row. Type in a size code for each of the 8 banks.

-rick

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Rick,

I tried to follow your directions too, but I seem to be missing something.

I've determined that the best fit (by using my PRO-97) for one of my local systems is using the following block size codes:

0 = S01
1 = S01
2 = S02
3 = S02
4 = S03
5 = S03
6 = S04
7 = S04

I went to input the information, but it appears that you not only must put in the min/max Id's, but also a min/max for agency, fleet, subfleet and io. Where could I find the breakdown to input this data that is requested. My PRO-97 doesn't give that to me, but it allows me to experiment with the sizes, based upon the block size code selection.

I went back to the wiki to see if there was breakdown like you are suggesting, but I didn't find anything. I did, however, see under "Determining Motorola Type I Fleetmaps" that it breaks the Lower and Upper ID's down by block. If those are valid across the board, what would one need to put in the min/max for Agency/Fleet/Sublfeet/io?

If those are not generic numbers for the ID's, is there a breakdown chart or something, somewhere?

Can you show an example of the filled in screen for the below screenshot?

Thanks for the help,

Attachments

• Fleetmap Blank.jpg
    Fleetmap Blank.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 282

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Rick, I think John posed the question better than I did. I had no problem getting to the point of data entry in the fleet section but I don't seem to understand how I need to specifically enter the data to achieve the desired result. Under agency, fleet, subfleet, and radio it shows two sets of zeros. How do I need to fill this information in with the information (sizecodes) that I have? Even knowing the min max ids for each block how does it apply to this point?

SCPD

QRT
Mattsenft said:
I had no problem getting to the point of data entry in the fleet section but I don't seem to understand how I need to specifically enter the data to achieve the desired result.
Argh! Okay. I've confused myself and everyone else following this thread. I'll need to do some checking.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Hey Rick,
I'm not trying to be pushy, but I'm curious what you've found out on this. Thanks again for all your hard work.

SCPD

QRT
Mattsenft said:
Hey Rick,
I'm not trying to be pushy, but I'm curious what you've found out on this. Thanks again for all your hard work.
I had confused myself on which release accepted fleet codes. You'll want the next release to be able to really do this right.

What sizecode did you figure for this system?

-rick

Status
Not open for further replies.