I am going to wake this up a little with a question about the HP-1 specifically.
I have the Extreme Upgrade, my firmware is 2.03 according to the radio and I assume that your meant to put 2.03 and not 2.3 on this page. If that is right then I cannot make my audio filter be "none". Do you have any idea why this might be?
When trying to establish the HP-1 as an Inline type in a Signal role I don't get any reaction from Unitrunker. I do have the radio in Serial Mode and the correct COM port selected (isn't Device Manager a wonderful tool?) but still nothing on the screen. I am not sure if that is due to the filter problem from above or something else, any clue here would be helpful.
I do have the software setup correctly as a am using a PSR800 as an Inline Signal source with no problem, but I wanted to reverse the roles so the HP-1 supplied the Unitrunker data and I could monitor with 800 since I am working correcting the Houston Public Works system. I guess I could go unpack a tapped scanner and use it into the audio side, but the computer I am using (a ThinkPad running XP) has a lousy audio card (actually a mother board section) and I am not too sure how well it will work.
Ignore the above. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.
Other than the version number that sheet could use just the addition of one instruction: Somewhere near the top you need to point out the HP-1 should be in normal operating (scanning) mode before you start and the "Serial" selection made when the cable is plugged in.
The part that threw me was having it in a normal operating mode before I started it in Unitrunker.