Unitrunker and IWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Using d-tapped Pro-2006 scanner:

For whatever reason, I'm unable to get the IWN control channels to pop up in Unitrunker - using version 24.4. I just have APCO P25 and Motorola checkboxes selected. No other modes are selected. Lock Mode is set to None and Polarity is set to Auto.

My decode health is around 49% (highest is 56%) and I can't seem to change that. I can decode DoD P25 systems (and normal 800Mhz trunks) with no issue. Did something change with IWN or is the health the big problem here?

These sites show up 4 bars on my 396XT with the rubber duck so I'm not even sure why the health is so low.

Any ideas?

SCPD

QRT
Could you post a decode log? This is either a TSBK bucket issue or a multiple-OSP issue.

Go to unitrunker.com and click on Logging for an explanation of the different logs.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Nick! The cause is a mishandling of this message ...

-A9 00 01 12 2A D2 00 29 43 04 D7 A4 Secondary Control Channel Broadcast Explicit Sub 01 Site 12 tx channel 2-AD2(170.62500) rx channel 2-943(165.63750) Class 04

I'll have this fixed in the next release.

SCPD

QRT
Glad I can help. BTW, I think this has been broken for a few builds. I ran into this previously but didn't have time to get into the troubleshooting phase.

SCPD

QRT
Glad I can help. BTW, I think this has been broken for a few builds. I ran into this previously but didn't have time to get into the troubleshooting phase.
Much of the code handling "explicit" messages unique to VHF and UHF hasn't been tested. It's slowly getting a shake-out as new systems come online.

The fix I described is only a partial solution. You'll need to get the decode rate higher. The system ID and WACN never appear in the successfully decoded data. It looks like there's something preventing you from doing better that 50%. I don't know why.

SCPD

QRT
Hi Rick, was this issue fixed in your .5 release?

I just tried .5 and I'm still seeing the same issue.

SCPD

QRT
Nope -- nothing comes up. The scope has a clean signal too. I was able to get the decode rate up to 55% consistently -- but still nothing.

The 800mhz systems all decode perfectly -- a few reaching 99% -- so I know it's not a set up issue on my end.

I'll get you the logging tonight. I tried this late last night and forgot to even check the logging.

Also, I still have version 22 or 23 on my laptop. I'll see if the same IWN trunk decodes with that version.

PS. Would a WAV recording of the IWN trunk help you?

SCPD

QRT
Nope -- nothing comes up. The scope has a clean signal too. I was able to get the decode rate up to 55% consistently -- but still nothing.

Sigh. I'll revisit this over the weekend. A log won't be necessary.

PS. Would a WAV recording of the IWN trunk help you?

Yes, please. This is probably a TSBK / TSDU chunking problem. A wave file would confirm that.

Nick - consider signing up to the mailing list. It makes this type of back and forth a little easier.

SCPD

QRT
The mailing list is on Google Groups. Under "Community", click on the Google icon. Anyone brave enough to test beta software (or stay current, ask questions or help others) is welcome.

SCPD

QRT
Rick,

I'm not sure if you saw my other emails -- (I don't think I have posting privileges or something for the Google groups) but I'm still not able to receive the IWN system here in this area.

I'm at work at the moment, but I can get you a decode log later.

Did you try the .6 release with the WAV file I sent?

UT, I looked at the wave files that nickcarr posted and they have the same characteristic that the control channels on the WISCOM VHF system have, a short gap of data every so often. I had brought this to your attentions back in .22 and send you some wave files a the time. I guess I'm assuming that this gap of data as something to do with the issue. Don't see that on the 800Mhz systems around here which work perfect.
I too only get 40-50 percent decode on these sites but it will bring up a site window (after some delay usually) and it will show some of the activity on the site. Tried this with .24.6 last night.
Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I too only get 40-50 percent decode on these sites but it will bring up a site window (after some delay usually) and it will show some of the activity on the site. Tried this with .24.6 last night.
Thanks

So did the .6 release bring up the site windows for you Bat? I don't get anything. I let it sit for at least 20 minutes with nothing.

FYI, the .23 release worked like you said above. The 50% decode and after several seconds it would start decoding. The 800 Mhz trunk is very quick to decode but the IWN took slightly longer -- and lately, hasn't worked since.

I don't think .22 / .23 / or .24.6 works any different in that regard, although its a little hard to say for sure. Last time I tried this the sites were up but there was no traffic (new system). Now that there's a fair amount of traffic it does try to get some of it but not much. .23 and .24.6 worked the same when I tried last night.
Do you know equipment type on your system ?. Motorola/EFJohnson/Etc. ?. WISCOM is EFJohnson.
WISCOM is VHF also.
One thing I wanted to try was compare the 800 system here to this system, but I'm to far away from any single site 800 systems here. They are all simucast which of course uses cqpsk insteak of c4fm

SCPD

QRT
.23 and .24.6 worked the same when I tried last night. Do you know equipment type on your system ?. Motorola/EFJohnson/Etc. ?. WISCOM is EFJohnson.
WISCOM is VHF also.

Hmm, interesting. The two versions are very different for me.

No I don't know the manufacturer off-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.