Unitrunker and Vista Fix update

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
well I thought I would ask here Rick if there is a fix for unitrunker use with Vista so that I dont have to keep reading the long thread that is going on.
Thanks, Ken

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What you should do is check the download site and see if there's a newer release than what you downloaded... If not - I'd say... no.

Go-24

rdale said:
What you should do is check the download site and see if there's a newer release than what you downloaded...

That wouldn't necessarily indicate a fix for the vista issues.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
True - but since he hasn't released ANY updates since the initial test version, it certainly offers a clue :)

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
rdale said:
What you should do is check the download site and see if there's a newer release than what you downloaded... If not - I'd say... no.
I know this what I was asking for so that everyone dose not keep asking or stating that it will not work with Vista is for Rick to let us know in this Thread when it does.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
It does work with Vista - just have some issues with the menu options and displays...

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Every time I run it it, it will state uniform has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify if a solution is found, at this point you would be the only one that I know that it is working for.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Don't know what to tell you - I'm running Vista Business 64bit. You might just want to watch the download site and/or main thread and see when he releases an update.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
Don't know what to tell you - I'm running Vista Business 64bit. You might just want to watch the download site and/or main thread and see when he releases an update.

I think the key here is that you are running Vista 64 bit. I have Vista Home Premium on both my desktop and laptop and had no luck. XP on the other hand works.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Same here. It seems to die when trying to select the com port. The menus are a work in progress, from what I can tell.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
DaveIN said:
Same here. It seems to die when trying to select the com port. The menus are a work in progress, from what I can tell.

When I try to add a reciever and I click to change the type it stops working. Or if I click on other menu options it does the same.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Same problem here on a new VISTA machine. However untill there is a new release that will allow the new beta version work, I'll stay with the older version.Same function without the nice user interface.
I give UNITRUNKER allot of credit for his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.