Unitrunker Band Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
I'm fumbling my way through learning Unitrunker v2 (with a USB SDR), and I'm noticing a couple of repeaters with TG assignments have no audio. My first thought is maybe I don't have the 7202 bandplan set right. I just used the wizard and picked Rebanded. There are 7 separate lines in the band plan, which seems strange since I only remember 2 lines when I entered bandplans in other places (mtrunker, Scancontrol, etc).
Anyone know how the bandplan should look?

bhall7

Premium Subscriber
You got farther than I did with Unitrunker v2. I gave up on it because I couldn't even get it to listen to the existing system. I decided to wait until it matures further. But, I know I'm going to need to jump back in and get it working soon.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Go to the Band Plan tab of the site, click on the calculator icon (Band Wizard), choose Rebanded, close that window, click on the pencil icon (Apply), click on the lightening bolt icon (Push to all sites)

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I have been happy (and very comfortable) with ver 1.0.33.6. I have been following (or should I say, trying to follow) the conversations of the new version, But will admit to becoming confused by some of the conversations. Maybe some day.....
A very big THANK-YOU, to the creator and developers of this program. Both V1 and V2.

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
Go to the Band Plan tab of the site, click on the calculator icon (Band Wizard), choose Rebanded, close that window, click on the pencil icon (Apply), click on the lightening bolt icon (Push to all sites)

That is what I did so maybe the problem is somewhere else. I wish I knew how to jump to a conversation like mtrunker did (you just had to click on it and it would tune that freq/TG.

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
20201109_171032.jpg
I really like the v2 features, although I'm still learning. Here is my dedicated 7" monitor running on one of those fanless mini PCs.

bhall7

Premium Subscriber
View attachment 93886
I really like the v2 features, although I'm still learning. Here is my dedicated 7" monitor running on one of those fanless mini PCs.
That's a great little monitor setup for trunking monitoring! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing everyone's setups!

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
That's a great little monitor setup for trunking monitoring! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing everyone's setups!
The mini PC is like $100, the monitor is $70 and the SDR dongle is $30, so for $200 I have a dedicated Unitrunker monitoring setup that follows voice traffic based on my set talkgroup priorities. It is still missing some of the mtrunker tracking capability, but the SDR has 2 VFOs so one is on the control channel and one follows voice. That was a surprise for $30. I really like seeing all the activity on a site at the same time. It compliments all my other scanners.

Premium Subscriber
I was playing with UniTrunker V2 for a bit. Then idk, gave up on it. Maybe I'll fire it back up tomorrow.
Perhaps this has inspired me!

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
I just took it slow and figured it out one step at a time. Install the driver (if you are using SDR), and get the RTL SDR to show up on the radios tab. I think I added the 7202 system manually and then did the RR.com download to get some data. I still added a few sites CC manually. In the radio window you can click the grid icon by the word radio and pick which site you want it to monitor. Click the Site icon and then go to the Calls tab of the site to see if you are getting anything. It was a little frustrating trying to figure out how it worked. There are a lot of v1 similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.