Unitrunker Can you silence audio output if there is no voice being received?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I am using untitrunker with 2 dongles on an analog Motorola trunk system. The system is in the county next to mine. I am trying to get a good enough antenna system set up to receive it. Right now I am able to receive the control channel on one SDR with decent decode. I can hear the voice channel on the other SDR only if I turn the squelch down all the way. My problem is in between voice communication I hear static. Is there some way to mute the audio until it tunes to a voice channel, or something like a CTCSS/pl tone. I guess I can always park it on a NOAA channel, I can listen to the weather of maybe a local FM radio station, listen to elevator music like being on hold. :)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You need to adjust the squelch to eliminate the static. I have had weak decodes on systems in the past but have always been able to squelch the static.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
My squelch has to be set at 69 to eliminate the static, but then the voice comes in all broken unless the squelch is turned down below 60 to hear the voice properly without it breaking up

CanesFan95

Does Unitrunker know to recognize the disconnect tone at the end of a voice call to then stop passing the audio?

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
@AJAT what version of Unitrunker are you running and what is your antenna setup?

Ver 1.0.30.10
The antenna is a work in progress. Right now a have a 800 Mhz Yagi on a tripod in my bedroom. I am going to try to put it u in the attic with a slitter going to both RTL dongles.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I would try to get the better signal before introducing a splitter into the mix. What are you getting now for RSSI and Window value? You want the Window value as close to zero is you can get it.

ut6.JPG

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ver 1.0.30.10
That's a very old release, even by v1 standards. 1.0.33.6 was the last release of v1, released 3 years after the version you're running. I would at the very least update to that.

You can also join the Unitrunker Google group, where previews of v2 are released. Note that things tend to occassionally break from release to release with v2 as new features are added, so if you're looking for a stable release, stick with v1.

What are you getting now for RSSI and Window value? You want the Window value as close to zero is you can get it.
None of that applies to v1.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
That's a very old release, even by v1 standards. 1.0.33.6 was the last release of v1, released 3 years after the version you're running. I would at the very least update to that.
I did not know that, I will update it.

I would try to get the better signal before introducing a splitter into the mix.
The reason for the splitter is so I can have one antenna feed the CC RTL SDR and the VC RTL SDR at the same time. I know I will get some signal lose, but hopefully moving the antenna in the attic will overcome that.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
Trying to get site 01 witch seems to come in the best, also sites 3 and 7 I should be within range. I am about 10 miles as the crow flys from the towers I am trying to point the directional antenna at. I live in the next county to the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.