Unitrunker discriminator tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

Right now I am running Trunk88 on a dedicated computer in my basement, I would also like to run Unitrunker on the same computer but I would have to use a tap, is this ok or will my decode rate decrease? I do not even know if my computer will be able to hear both scanners. I am running a PRO 26 tapped into the line in and I will be running my GRE 500 using the USB, will this work, or should I hook up my other old computer for the other scanner?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Right now I am running Trunk88 on a dedicated computer in my basement, I would also like to run Unitrunker on the same computer but I would have to use a tap, is this ok or will my decode rate decrease? I do not even know if my computer will be able to hear both scanners. I am running a PRO 26 tapped into the line in and I will be running my GRE 500 using the USB, will this work, or should I hook up my other old computer for the other scanner?

Patrick,

That should work just fine. As long as you tap the scanner properly so that the tap is functioning, it should be no problem to run discriminator audio from one scanner into one sound input and then use the PC/IF data on another scanner to run Unitrunker on.

It would be wise to run two separate copies of Trunk88 though, out of separate directories if you are going to do this. Otherwise you won't be able to simultaneously monitor both I don't think.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.