Unitrunker does not "Jump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

synth1

Hello

I have installed Unitrunker (Version 1.0.32.7) using 2 RTL dongles and trying to trunk P25 (Probably Phase 2).
i have set, upon many tutorials which i have seen, the correct (I guess) control and voice settings and i get the control channel frequencies and IDs.

But for some reason , the 2nd dongle which i have set to Voice doesn't show any "movement". No noise , no spectrum indication, Nothing.

settings were done according to this tutorial:

RTL-SDR Tutorial: Following Trunked Radio with Unitrunker - rtl-sdr.com

note that decoding is not my problem (at the moment) and i know that currently DSD+ is not supporting Phase II but i still would like to understand why i don't see proper functionality of the undertaker.

from what i have read it should make the Voice dongle jump with the changing frequencies.

what am i doing wrong?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Many Thx in advance.

SCPD

QRT
The program - by design - does not follow calls that are ...

1. encrypted
2. TDMA
3. data

If and when someone creates a third party utility to handle TDMA, I'll look at supporting it.

synth1

Hi

Thx for the quick answer and sorry for the lack of knowledge. so P25 Phase 2 (2-slot TDMA) mechanism is not currently supported ?

SCPD

QRT
Correct.

The program relies on third party software to decode P25 P1 and ProVoice digital audio. op25 is the only software out there that decodes P25 P2 but it isn't available in binary form (you must build it) and I've not heard of anyone successfully building it to run natively on Windows. op25 will do trunking on it's own but you have to either run it inside a VM or on a machine that runs a recent Linux distribution.

synth1

Thx for the answer.

I just wanted to verify that its not a configuration problem from my side and that Unitrunker (Currently) does not follow ("Jumping the frequencies"?) with P25 Phase II (putting aside the actual voice decoding abilities of DSD+ and handling op25 using VM on windows).

Status
Not open for further replies.