Unitrunker HELP! - multiple systems datafiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

I don't know what I am doing wrong here but I cannot get the new Unitrunker version to save data from 2 different trunking systems, unlike the prior version.

In the OPTIONS area I have the path to my datafiles E:\Unitrunker (I have the program on the D drive)
Within the E:\Unitrunker folder are all the empty R0000* S000000* folders and the Unitrunker.xml * files that add up each time the program exits or you do a manual save.

There are also .xml files for each of the two trunking systems I want to save data to.

With each system, I have downloaded the data from radioreference and I see the downloaded data as Unitrunker does its thing, however I am only able to save and edit groups/users whatever from ONE of the two systems. Changes I make to system 1 are saved and changes I make to system 2 (when I run it) are not. The downloaded data from the previous session isn't even there. Attempting to "go back" from a prior archive doesn't yield any results.

The only changable setting I see that may be affecting this is by altering the datafiles path under OPTIONS - EACH time you change to a new system to monitor. Is this really how the program operates or am I missing something here???

SCPD

QRT
Hi JoeyC;

Your data is in the Unitrunker.xml file (both systems). The other numbered Unitrunker.xml.123 files are prior versions.

The "S" folders store your event logs - not system data.

JoeyC

Thanks for the wonderful program Unitrunker.

OK, I have a Unitrunker.xml file in with the rest, but if I want to see the Labels for the groups and users from my 2nd system, I must download this from radioreference EACH time I run Unitrunker on it and nothing I edit in appears to save anywhere. This is not the case with the other system I run the program on. Everything is there for #1 but not for #2. Why?

Also, if it helps, shouldn't my most recent Unitrunker.xml.* file be my largest if I have only added information to it? Presently, I have 47 backup files and the program is not running. #47 is 175kb and Unitrunker.xml is 177kb, but Unitrunker.xml.46 is 449kb, 45 is 444kb & 43 is 150kb. The program often crashes when I shut it down which I think is the explanation for the size shrinking when I haven't deleted anything.

Still, even when copying the largest file over to Unitrunker.xml and restarting the program, there is no label information for users or groups on system 2, only on the other.

SCPD

QRT
I think I see the problem. Other users have reported situations where the program fails to re-load all of the data. It's a bug in the program that prevents it from reading the second system. It may also *partially* impact the first system - I can't tell.

It has since been fixed but not yet released publicly. If you are concentrating on these two systems (and not a dozen or so) - a temporary work-around would be to make two working folders and monitor each system in it's own folder.

Once the new release is out - you can merge your data and not worry about swapping folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.