unitrunker help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandcaff

Not long ago I downloaded and installed unitrunker, I messed around with it for a bit, but could never get it to work right. Im trying to use just 1 usb dongle, and it does detect traffic (with no sound). The first vfo seemed to work fine, but the second one always says stopped, can not open.It will not let me delete the second vfo, as I was gonna start over. So I uninstalled unitrunker and reinstalled, but it came back up the same way, with the same settings I used, and the same problem, so I uninstalled again, searched the registry and deleted any traces of it. I then downloaded the latest version and installed. Alas, when I started it, it opened with the same vfo's and still with the same settings, everything was the same. Anybody have any ideas on this? Any help would be greatful.

SCPD

QRT
The first vfo seemed to work fine, but the second one always says stopped, can not open.It will not let me delete the second vfo, as I was gonna start over.
You can add/remove VCOs by adjusting the VCO count on the Info tab.

UniTrunker | Realtek RTL2832U

"Can not open" is a device issue, not a VCO issue. Do you have two VCO tabs on one radio window?

If you've configured a second radio - it needs to point to a different SDR device.

moonbounce

you need a second dongle for the second VFO... no voice following with just one dongle

I wish people would stop saying this because it isn't necessarily true, it depends on where all the channels being monitored are located to the CC.

MB

SCPD

QRT
Your area is problematic.

The P25 site in your area spans 5.4 Mhz.

The federal Motorola site in your area spans 3.8 Mhz.

The town EDACS site spans 4.2 Mhz.

Either an AirSpy or second VCO is required.

You could configure two signal role VCOs on one Realtek SDR to cover the town and statewide systems. The lone voice role VCO could cover voice traffic from both sites on a priority basis.

usswood

Your area is problematic.

The P25 site in your area spans 5.4 Mhz.

The federal Motorola site in your area spans 3.8 Mhz.

The town EDACS site spans 4.2 Mhz.

Either an AirSpy or second VCO is required.

You could configure two signal role VCOs on one Realtek SDR to cover the town and statewide systems. The lone voice role VCO could cover voice traffic from both sites on a priority basis.

I was thinking along those lines also... I will have to try that... Thank you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.