Unitrunker Issues and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac0uu

Premium Subscriber
I am using unitrunker 26.16 with sdrsharp. I am only trying to get the control receiver to work at this time then I'll add the voice receiver. My problem is several issues. The unitrunker seems to loose signal lock after about 30 seconds. I can restore it by stopping and restarting the receiver - but then after a few seconds it stops again. The signal bar is all green then goes black. Also, when it does find other frequencies, they show up as all zeros. We are on an EDACS system and so I thought maybe I needed to enter a bandplan - but I also do not have the "calculator" button on my unitrunker so I can't see how to do this either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Steve
AC0UU

SCPD

QRT
Hi Steve;

The unitrunker seems to loose signal lock after about 30 seconds. I can restore it by stopping and restarting the receiver - but then after a few seconds it stops again. The signal bar is all green then goes black.
Uncheck any unwanted protocols from the Decode section of the signal receiver's Info tab. When the signal drops, what do you see on the Scope tab?

When it does find other frequencies, they show up as all zeros. We are on an EDACS system and so I thought maybe I needed to enter a bandplan
EDACS does not use a bandplan. The calculator tool is for Motorola trunking. For EDACS, you must provide a frequency for each LCN. You can type them in or download them from the RR DB.

ac0uu

Premium Subscriber
When the signal tab shuts down - the scope still remains to show activity and doesn't change value or level. I understand your answer to the bandplan question - how do I know which LCN (channel number) is which frequency. I do not have a pro membership to RR at this time - maybe later.

Thank you soooo very much for your answers and how quick they are though.

Steve

ac0uu

Premium Subscriber
OK, by unchecking everything but EDACS, I got the signal to stay up. I manually entered the frequencies. But now I have a few other questions I cannot find the answers to online.

Unitrunker is not talking back to the trunker plug in in sdrsharp. I think there are two reasons for this and I can't figure them out. The instructions say that there will be a log file created by the debug receiver in unitrunker with the frequencies listed that sdrsharp needs to tune to. This file is no where to be found. The other thing is that the trunker plug in is not looking for a .log file, it is looking for an XML file. The unitrunker directory in roaming/unitrunker has several XML files so I pointed it at that directory and it just doesn't do anything.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated as I could not find anyplace to configure the filename for unitrunker to create that file. And I do have the remote.dll file in unitrunker. Very confusing on this one.

You guys have been great though with your help!

Steve
AC0UU

SCPD

QRT
Hi Steve;

how do I know which LCN (channel number) is which frequency.

Search for the system you are monitoring in the RR database. Browser access is free. You can manually type in the frequencies from there. If the system isn't listed or has an incomplete channel list, then the fun begins.

SCPD

QRT
The instructions say that there will be a log file created by the debug receiver in unitrunker with the frequencies listed that sdrsharp needs to tune to. This file is no where to be found.
The remote.DLL creates that file. You'll have to copy the DLL to the aforementioned %APPDATA% folder (Roaming\Unitrunker in your case) so that Unitrunker can load / run the DLL.

Status
Not open for further replies.