Unitrunker Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
in the upper right corner of that page, there is a small disk icon. Click that.

chris

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Uninstalled everything, then downloaded the program once again, but when it comes to installing to a folder I get the same location as before,;

"C:\Program Files\UniTrunker"

I assume this is by default? Since this is the issue, I am not sure where I should direct this to, or install it to? Most scanning programs I use are setup with normal defaults and run fine but with Unitrunker this is an issue and I don't know what I need to do in order for this to work properly. Can someone walk me through this in a step by step way?

SCPD

QRT
After un-installing, make sure there are no shortcuts to the program left on your machine.

To run any program on Windows - you must provide two pieces of information: (a) the path to where the executable file is located and (b) the path to where your documents or data is stored. A Windows shortcut has both pieces of information. We're concerned with (b) above, not (a). The installer will (by default) use the Program Files folder for the executable files. When a new Start menu shortcut is created, the "Starts In" path should point to a folder under your %APPDATA% folder.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I may have just achieved success!

After reinstalling the program I then did the following;

Click start, right clicked the Uni Trunker (Release Win32) from the list of programs, then properties,copied and paste the following from the start in path into the path of the actual program;

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\UniTrunker\

I have tested this 3 times and it appears everything now is being saved! I think I finally got it right. My only question now is, from the start menu is it possible to create a desktop shortcut? If I right click the program as mentioned above there is no option to "Send to" and "create desktop shortcut"

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
One more question. Now that it appears I have everything working is there a way to send what I have saved on my main computer to my laptop so that I can run Unitrunker there with all my changes in place? I know how to send scanner programming files but not sure how to do this with Unitrunker.

SCPD

QRT
I may have just achieved success!

After reinstalling the program I then did the following;
You could have stopped right there. You're making this harder than needed.

Click start, right clicked the Uni Trunker (Release Win32) from the list of programs, then properties,copied and paste the following from the start in path into the path of the actual program;

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\UniTrunker\
This was already the default. Setting the Data path to a dot or period eg. "." tells Windows to use "this" directory - which is whatever is set in the shortcut.

I have tested this 3 times and it appears everything now is being saved!
Good news.

My only question now is, from the start menu is it possible to create a desktop shortcut? If I right click the program as mentioned above there is no option to "Send to" and "create desktop shortcut"
You can make a copy of the shortcut in the start menu. Use the mouse to drag a copy to the desktop. Be sure to hold down the Control key before releasing the mouse button.

SCPD

QRT
is there a way to send what I have saved on my main computer to my laptop
In the %APPDATA%\Unitrunker folder, you will find a file named "Unitrunker.xml". That's your radio system data. You can copy that file to your laptop.

There's a data import / export feature - but it is broken - so you'll have to copy the file over.

You will see other files named "Unitrunker.xml.1, Unitrunker.xml.2, etc.; these are past archive copies of your data. You don't need them to transfer a current snapshot of your data to your laptop.

If you edit the data on your laptop - you will have to copy the data back.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
It may have been the hard way, but I got it to work, which is what I wanted. Some of the info that has been provided is beyond my knowledge when it comes to pointing or directories or data paths, etc, and if I made it harder then so be it.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
You could have stopped right there. You're making this harder than needed.

This was already the default. Setting the Data path to a dot or period eg. "." tells Windows to use "this" directory - which is whatever is set in the shortcut.

Are you saying that if I cleared out everything that was there and merely put in a DOT (.) and nothing else, this would have worked?

Clark

Narrow Banding with Voice Following Problem

Using Ver 23
A system has just narrow banded and now when the voice following BCD996XT is activated and Running,
at the first instance of told to change to the voice freq., the entire Unitrunker program is immediatly closed without any warning.and not saved.
With the voice unit Stopped, Unitrunker works perfectly.

Previous to narrow banding, this Ver. worked perfectly for months.
Is there something (Option) that I'm missing ?
This also happens with a system that changed several months ago but I did not mention it at that time.
This happens with both a discrimator and inline signal of another BCD396XT.
Does a Band Plan need to be added, also what is the "Slot" column.

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.