UniTrunker -> no Freq?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey
In unitrunker i dont see any Frequency the Nober are only 0.00000
I see the "LNC" and Stamp,... but no Frequency. So how i can get it?
Thanks!!

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
äähhmmm the Frequency is ~420Mhz....
Is it Motorola, EDACS? Details man, details! No details then no help because we can't read your mind.

If it's an older Motorola system then you have to do the math (literally) to figure out the base, spacing and offset to enter in the bandplan. Because each of these systems are unique so are these values.

SCPD

QRT
MPT1327 systems do not provide a band plan over the control channel. You will have to enter a band plan or hand-edit each channel with the correct frequency. The control channel should already have a frequency entered for you.

Your_account

Banned
So what is the range?
The problem i cant receive the Signal in my Area.

SCPD

QRT
The problem i can't receive the Signal in my Area.

Are you saying ...

1. the signal is in your area but you cannot receive it or ...
2. the signal is too far away from your area to be received?

SCPD

QRT
If the intended coverage area is something small like a factory building or railyard, it won't need much power - which will reduce the range for monitoring.

You may be able to improve reception by using a directional antenna or moving to high ground.

Your_account

Banned
or i go to the Railway Station....
But it need much time to find all frequency and the dont care me so much.

SCPD

QRT
Yes, it can be a lot of work.

The hardest site to map is one with very little voice traffic. You can't be sure you've found all voice channels.

Start with the control channel. That's the easy one. If the site changes control channels each day then you can check the site once each day.

Using the waterfall display of programs like SDR#, you can quickly find voice channels but you can't be sure those channels belong to the site you want to monitor or something else. You must listen to the voice calls to decide whether the traffic belongs to the MPT system or is part of something else.

If you find any channels - even if you only find a control channel, please submit it to the RR database. Other people in your area can use that as a starting point and add more channels until the site's channels are mapped out.

Next you can map out talk groups.

Your_account

Banned
lol i belive there is nobody in my area who have the same interests.
i am in the local hamradio club and the dont want to hear something about the sdr dongle...
and i found not one interesting frequency in the database.

i see you are an admin. how about the privacy its very risky for me to talk about stuff like that is not very legal in my area. does the website track my ip adress?

SCPD

QRT
i see you are an admin. How about the privacy its very risky for me to talk about stuff like that is not very legal in my area. does the website track my ip adress?
I believe the website logs IP addresses - mostly to prevent spammers from clogging the forums with junk.

To be clear, I'm not advising you to engage in any risky behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.