Unitrunker: No voice channel from speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkfish457

I cannot hear the voice channel through the speaker. The control channel audio is good. I am using Virtual Audio Cable (default settings) and DSD+.
The DSD+ start screen appears to be waiting for the voice channel. The level varies between 49% and 0%.
I am using two dongles, the latest version of Unitrunker (not the preview).
Other programs are working great, SDR#, HDSDR, and Virtual Radar Server.

I can send screen shots if necessary, but they will match the examples shown on the RR pages.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
What system are you monitoring?

Check the following on you signal receiver:

1. squelch is adjusted.
2. deemphasis is checked.
3. analog check box is checked.
4. RTL stick correction is set.

pinkfish457

I'm trying to receive the local Slidell P.D. I have a PRO-106 that does the same thing, I'm using the SPD for testing. My goal is to receive the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office, EDACS.

I am using Unitrunker, DSD+, VAC. Should I try to use SDR# also. Would this be an easier way?

THX

pinkfish457

Found my problem. I deleted everything under Unitrunker. Started from scratch and now everything is working great. The audio quality far exceeds the audio from the Pro-106.

One question: How high can I set the Gain without causing audio distortion?

SCPD

QRT
This is one of those "it depends" questions.

You can experiment with AGC checked compared to different gain values with AGC unchecked - and compare with / without baseband AGC checked. It comes down to what works for you and your environment.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Pinkfish I'm curious exactly what you did and what the problem was. I upgraded to 1.29 and mine stopped working where it had been working excellent under 1.28. Everything showed okay but no audio from speakers. No decode from DSD+ either. Yet everything working on other things including SDR with DSD+. Decode on data and voice fine with audio just not on upgrade to UT.

Sounds like exact same thing as your problem.

I ended up uninstalling Unitrunker and then installing 1.28 again from that download. Everything back to working as it did before.

Thanks.

KD8DVR

While an old thread... why create a new one.. same problem.

I'm trying to add new systems... Both Analog and digital. The newly added systems will appear to work correctly...

However, no audio.

The voice receive dongle just shows a bunch of "noise" on the screen at all times.

Reading the solutions regarding deleting data solving the problem. My conclusion too. Evidently UT data files are getting a bunch of trash in them from us playing around and confusing the program.

Which files should get killed off, to avoid removal of working systems?

Feature recommendation "Data Cleanup" To rid us of files we no longer need, due to playing around.

SCPD

QRT
There really isn't a way for the program to know what's good or bad. You can undo some of the damage by using the "Take Me Back" button on the Archive tab to revert to an older snapshot of your data. You can also use the Archive tab to delete very old snapshots of your data.

KD8DVR

There really isn't a way for the program to know what's good or bad. You can undo some of the damage by using the "Take Me Back" button on the Archive tab to revert to an older snapshot of your data. You can also use the Archive tab to delete very old snapshots of your data.

Yeah.. kinda did that... real weird. Even did a clean install to a new working directory... The first system works great; but then each system I add no audio... so odd.

SCPD

QRT
Make sure the voice channels fit inside the Realtek's usable bandwidth. Expect about 75 to 80% usable. At 2.56 msps, the channels can't be more than 2 Mhz apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.