Unitrunker not creating log files with PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknishun

I have had Unitrunker about 3 years and I have never been able to make the logging function work. I am using a PSR-800 scanner with the USB connection to a desktop pc running Windows 7 Ultimate. I am using the current version of Unitrunker which is v 1.0.32.7

I have checked the logging box on all appropriate tabs. When I shut down Unitrunker it says all data has been saved but there are no log files to be found. While the program is running and has been running for quite some time, I click the folder icon to look at log files and nothing at all comes up.

I am monitoring system 1A7 with WACN = BEE00 TxWARN Project 25 (digital).

Help!

SCPD

QRT
Things to check ...

1. does the program have write access to the working folder?
2. does the short cut used to launch the program point to a valid folder (eg. NOT program files).
3. when first enabling logging, you *may* need to restart the receiver for the program to notice.

There are three types of logging. Which one did you want?

UniTrunker | Log Files

teknishun

Things to check ...

1. does the program have write access to the working folder?
2. does the short cut used to launch the program point to a valid folder (eg. NOT program files).
3. when first enabling logging, you *may* need to restart the receiver for the program to notice.

There are three types of logging. Which one did you want?

UniTrunker | Log Files

1) I am running the program as Administrator
2) Not clear what this means. The shortcut launches a program called Uniform.exe
3) I have done this. I have all 3 log file types turned on. Clicking the folder icon
on the upper left of either the receiver window or the site window still does nothing.

I am the most interested in the history files.

What do log files look like?
What folder should they be in? (i.e. where to find them on hard drive)
I do not see anything that is a comma delimited file.
What would a log file extension look like? (*.xml).
What program do you read *.xml files with?

I'm getting there but still need a little push!

SCPD

QRT
1) I am running the program as Administrator
This is not necessary.

2) Not clear what this means. The shortcut launches a program called Uniform.exe

The short cut specifies three things:
a) path to the EXE
b) command line parameters to the EXE (there are none in this case)
c) the working folder where the program will load and save any data.

Right-click on the short cut and select "Properties" to see the three parts above.

3) I have all 3 log file types turned on. Clicking the folder icon on the upper left of either the receiver window or the site window still does nothing.

Try these two experiments:

1. press "E" while holding down the Windows key.

You should see Windows Explorer.

2. from the main program window, click the Archive tab and click the Folder tool button.

You should again see Windows Explorer appear. In this folder you should see files like Configure.xml and Unitrunker.xml.

teknishun

This is not necessary.

Try these two experiments:

1. press "E" while holding down the Windows key.

You should see Windows Explorer.

2. from the main program window, click the Archive tab and click the Folder tool button.

You should again see Windows Explorer appear. In this folder you should see files like Configure.xml and Unitrunker.xml.

Thanks. Step 2 is the one that worked. I found the log files.

Status
Not open for further replies.