Unitrunker not following Tag setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbazine

Hello,

Trying to get Unitrunker to display "both" Tag and Label, but when I pick the "Both" option I only see Tags in the "audience" field in Call History. If I set Tag, I get tags. Label, I get labels.

How do I get both of them to show up? I'm tracking the LWIN here in LA and half of the descriptive field is in the tag and the other half is in the label for about every agency tracked.

Unitrunker 1.0.33.4 and .5 both have this issue.

suburbazine

With that setting, you'll see a Label if the Tag field is blank.

That's not the problem. There are only Tags showing if that setting is on Both. Labels that worked perfectly fine become just tags, not the other way around. Usually the labels are more descriptive, but I would like to see is

"tag: BRPDDSP" "label: Dispatch #"

instead of just

BRPDDSP (which doesn't tell me district or channel)

or just

Dispatch 2 (which doesn't tell me agency).

Or more concisely, tag=1, label=2, both=1 (instead of 1,2)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
A request was made a while back to use the label as a fall-back when there is no tag.

I understand this isn't what you want or expect.

Technically, release 33 hasn't been made official yet. It is still in preview. If you'd like to participate in the preview process, please sign up to the Google group.

suburbazine

I'll sign up to the group.

The fallback isn't a problem at all if it actually follows the intended purpose. In this case, as you described, the fallback is intended to use the label if no tag is present. However, when both are present, it uses only the tag and does not show the label.

So to reiterate:
"tag" shows tags only (good!)
"label" shows labels only (good!)
"both" shows tags only (when both tag and label are present- bad!)

I think the idea of "both" is that you get to see the tag and label serially on the same line when following the traffic- if this is not the intended purpose, it should be displayed as "First Available" instead of "Both".

Status
Not open for further replies.