Unitrunker on Eee PC/Realtek HD Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Anyone been successful on getting the new UT to receive signal on the Eee PC from ASUS?

I have a 901 (WinXP model) and am having issues getting the machine to receive the audio input. When I plug in the tapped scanner, the Realtek HD audio program senses it and prompts me to tell it what I just plugged in. It only works under Microphone - says Line In is an invalid option.
When futzing around with the mixer, I can only get UT to decode if I set the Recording source to "Stereo Mix" - which means I have to keep the volume up on the playback side on both the mic volume and main volume, meaning I have to hear the CC roaring from the PC's speakers continuously. Muting either playback option (mic monitor or master volume) kills the audio reception in Unitrunker.

It shouldn't be this hard to get UT to hear the audio input when "Microphone" is enabled in the Recording source. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

SCPD

QRT
Jay911 said:
When futzing around with the mixer, I can only get UT to decode if I set the Recording source to "Stereo Mix" - which means I have to keep the volume up on the playback side on both the mic volume and main volume, meaning I have to hear the CC roaring from the PC's speakers continuously. Muting either playback option (mic monitor or master volume) kills the audio reception in Unitrunker.
If not already, try using the standard Windows mixer control. What recording device selections does the program give you? There should be more than one (avoid using the "default" input).

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If not already, try using the standard Windows mixer control. What recording device selections does the program give you? There should be more than one (avoid using the "default" input).

Tried that as well. The Windows mixer gives the same two options for recording inputs - "Mic in" and "Stereo Mix". The driver/firmware for the audio is one of those where instead of having one selection on the "Mixer device" page with multiple radio buttons for playback/recording/etc, playback and recording are two separate items on the "Mixer device" pulldown - "Realtek HD Audio Input" and "Realtek HD Audio Output". "Input" is, of course, the recording device - and is recognized by UT as well as "Microsoft Sound Mapper". Tried 'em both. I CAN get full decode with "Realtek HD Audio Input", but as mentioned, only with the mixer set to "Stereo Mix".

I get the feeling this is an issue with the Realtek mixer. I went to their website to see if they have a newer update of their drivers/firmware, but they don't recommend using anything except what the motherboard manufacturer (which in this case is I guess ASUS) offers. So I'll try to check later on today if ASUS has any updated stuff.

I hope I can get this to work.. this little thing stands to be an AWESOME platform for mobile monitoring of this nature, if it'll just work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.