Unitrunker P25 not tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankRearden

I have googled and followed several tutorials on how to set up two SDR dongles with unitrunker and it does not seem to be tracking the frequencies. I am using a combination of a ne smart and flightstick pro. Using SDR# and with either dongle I can clearly see and hear the control channel and a voice channel.

I have set up unitrunker multiple times and using the 3 latest versions and 3 different computers. On the control channel, I get 100 health and the frequencies populate, the site displays talkgroups, frequencies, which ones are currently transmitting, etc., but I have been completely unable to get the second dongle to follow the voice channel. RadioReference says that it is a phase 1 system.

Right now I am just trying to hear it and see that it is following the frequencies, later I can move on to decoding the voice. The Scope tab on the voice dongle is a complete flatline. Here is a screen shot of my latest iteration. It must be something simple I am missing, but I don't know what else to try. Any help would be appreciated as I am quite frustrated.

Attachments

• Unitrunker2dongleB.jpg
    Unitrunker2dongleB.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 373

baustm

Since you are on a P25 system, you need to check the "P25" radio button on your voice receiver so that it'll tune to digital channels. Otherwise, it'll only tune to channels that are analog like you have selected, I believe. Other than that your settings look fine to me.

SCPD

QRT
I have been completely unable to get the second dongle to follow the voice channel. RadioReference says that it is a phase 1 system.

On the VCO tab of the voice following receiver, check the "P25" box. This tells the VCO to accept P25 digital voice calls.

HankRearden

I laugh in my general direction! I knew it had to be something simple. I had tried that setting before, but I guess it was at a low traffic time and did not see where it did anything. It is tracking now. Thank you.
rearden

Status
Not open for further replies.