Unitrunker P25 P1 No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfjon

Hi,

So here is a new user question about Unitrunker.

Configuration:
Unitrunker v1.0.32.7
DSD+ v1.101
SDRSharp v1.0.0.1581
VB Cable v1.0.3.5
DSDTune v0.1.3
RS Pro-106
NooElec SMArt

System: P25 Phase 1
Pro-106 set on Primary Control Frequency
NooElec SMArt set with one VCO on voice; Tuner gain set at 70
VB Cable Output Levels Set for Cable Output and Wave in Volume at "9"

The scanner works great and the Call History shows lots of reasonable entires
The VCO Scope and DSD+ VC Audio Source both show waveforms

DSD+ console shows event entries

The problem is either:
mostly no audio at all
occasional choppy robotic audio

DSDTune values of -f1 -ds60 -dv30 actually reduce the chance of hearing any audio at all.

I have twisted every knob that I could find out about by googling, but nothing makes it better.
SDRSharp shows that the NooElec SMArt is spot-on without any PPM Correction (checked on primary
control frequency 853.6125).

I would love to hear from anyone with specific experience/advise as to how to proceed.
Thanks, Jon

rfjon

Thanks.
I checked on RR and it is listed as Simulcast.
So I did a bunch of reading and it appears that there aren't any straight-forward solutions.
I guess more research and experiments required.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You will need to use the DSD+ "-mp" option in order to handle the modulation used for simulcast. Note that using "-mp" will cause DSD+ to not be able to decode non-simulcast sites so you will need to remove it if you are trying to use it to listen those sites.

slicerwizard

So I did a bunch of reading and it appears that there aren't any straight-forward solutions.
The fast lane versions of DSD+ handle simulcast systems directly (no SDR#, Unitrunker or virtual cables)

All of the P25 systems here are simulcast and I'm not experiencing any significant problems.

rfjon

ok, you got my attention.
I have dsd+ fastlane 2.39 with unitrunker and VB cable and it is much better but not there yet.
can you point me to the configuration instructions for running dsd+ fastlane for p25 with just the nooelec SMArt w/o unitrunker and vb cable?
thanks.

slicerwizard

The Trunking.txt file describes how to do that. The short version is to plug in two RTL dongles and then run the FMP24-CC.bat, FMP24-VC.bat, CC.bat and VC.bat files. That starts control channel and voice channel copies of FMP24 and DSD+. Tune the first dongle to a P25 control channel and the rest should be automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.