Unitrunker question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi. I am a frustrated Unitrunker occasional user who has great difficulties with Unitrunker.
This is not to say that I do not like Unitrunker, I am just spoiled with Trunk 88 and the creator of it does a great job in keeping us up to date and helping us, Nonetheless:

I would like to monitor the following systems on Unitrunker
Metrolinx (Formerly GO Transit) Trunking System, Golden Horseshoe Area, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

This system is a pure P25 system. Although the scope shows that there is a signal the Health shows it as decoding it at 1 or 0. I am using a Pro2045 tapped scanner.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

My second question:

My home region (county) uses a EDACS system:
Halton Region Trunking System, Halton Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Occasionally they change control channels (I am monitoring the Burlington site #3.) When this hapenns it starts to monitor on unitrunker in a new system? This can be a drag. Do I have to creat different systems to follow for each control channel in the event that it switches?

TIA And merry christmas and/or happy holidays.

Eric

Highpockets

Hi. I am a frustrated Unitrunker occasional user who has great difficulties with Unitrunker.
This is not to say that I do not like Unitrunker, I am just spoiled with Trunk 88 and the creator of it does a great job in keeping us up to date and helping us, Nonetheless:

I would like to monitor the following systems on Unitrunker
Metrolinx (Formerly GO Transit) Trunking System, Golden Horseshoe Area, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

This system is a pure P25 system. Although the scope shows that there is a signal the Health shows it as decoding it at 1 or 0. I am using a Pro2045 tapped scanner.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

My second question:

My home region (county) uses a EDACS system:
Halton Region Trunking System, Halton Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Occasionally they change control channels (I am monitoring the Burlington site #3.) When this hapenns it starts to monitor on unitrunker in a new system? This can be a drag. Do I have to creat different systems to follow for each control channel in the event that it switches?

TIA And merry christmas and/or happy holidays.

Eric

I was reading this the other day, it may help with one of your questions. I don't know if it works, I have no Edacs systems near me to monitor.

http://forums.radioreference.com/1217653-post3.html

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I was reading this the other day, it may help with one of your questions. I don't know if it works, I have no Edacs systems near me to monitor.

http://forums.radioreference.com/1217653-post3.html

Thank You Highpockets. It does help.

Do you use Uni on any P25 systems?

Thats the one I really want to monitor.

I get no signal strenth using Uni even though my tapped scanner gets it perfectly

???

Highpockets

Thank You Highpockets. It does help.

Do you use Uni on any P25 systems?

Thats the one I really want to monitor.

I get no signal strenth using Uni even though my tapped scanner gets it perfectly

???

I monitor one P25 UHF system with no problems with Unitrunker, but, I use the PSR 600, so, I don't have an answer for you on that one. I'm sure someone will jump in with suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.