Unitrunker Release 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougr1252

Any tricks for getting the bandplan to show up for Motorola? I always have to enter it manually, and then half the time it disappears. I thought a default plan was built in. Also the editor still has that old issue where the cursor jumps up to the first row as you enter the second row.

SCPD

QRT
Any tricks for getting the bandplan to show up for Motorola? I always have to enter it manually, and then half the time it disappears. I thought a default plan was built in.
What system?

Also the editor still has that old issue where the cursor jumps up to the first row as you enter the second row.
I'll test that out.

Last edited:

dougr1252

Bay Area stuff - Alameda Co, SF, Santa Clara, all Motorola. I don't think I've ever gotten a bandplan automatically with the new version. On the plus side v12 is very stable now and has not lost a bandplan yet after I enter it.

SCPD

QRT
Bay Area stuff - Alameda Co, SF, Santa Clara, all Motorola. I don't think I've ever gotten a bandplan automatically with the new version. On the plus side v12 is very stable now and has not lost a bandplan yet after I enter it.
The main quirk with the bandplan logic is it often requires a re-start of the decoder for the bandplan to appear. Automatic bandplan detection is a pain in the antenna mostly due to the ambiguous nature of Motorola's trunking protocol. The program does it's best but it may take hours for the right information to appear. The one thing a user can do to expedite this process is to manually enter the control channel's frequency.

Users with a subscription to the RR DB - can have the program pull the bandplan information from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.