Unitrunker Release 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Click the "download" icon.

Unitrunker

Fixed: redundant "auto" attribute in saved XML data.
Added hack to prevent a crash when edited row gets re-sorted to the bottom.
New ProVoice sync bits from Eric Cottrell (FYI: the program recognizes but does not decode ProVoice).
SiteLock use site's log ID to remember which site was last monitored.
Fixed: crash when restarting with sitelock enabled.
(re)Activation of site at startup fixed.
Removed rollback logic; clean up after control channel change (to different site of same type) is now manual.
CriticalSection reverts to older Win32 API; SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime can fail.
Fixed: other siteLock bugs.
Signal health mechanism adds 8 second delay for SiteLock.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
So far so good! It starts up a lot quicker.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am still having the problem of multiple site windows per second when I try this version on the local EDACS EA system. I was fortunate to get a log file which I included a section.

73 Eric

Attachments

• UniTrunker-20100509.zip
    636 bytes · Views: 69

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Eric. I've got two messages pulling the program in two different directions.

Code:
FC00000[0] (0) 
600C1C6[0] (1) Site Pro System 0001 Control Ch 06
F881001[0] (0) Island Site 01 CChan 01
F881001[0] (1)

Florida SLERS is a large networked system. This one (MBTA, I presume?) does not appear to be networked. The "island" logic was a best guess on my part. Obviously it's broken.

This little gem may be related to an FB8 pair I've seen previously.

Code:
FD60121[0] (0) dumped
FD60121[0] (1) dumped

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just fired up v12 to give it a try on my local EDACS system... and Site Lock appears to work now! Woohoo! :) Thanks for fixing that Rick. Now I just need to figure out how to import all my data from EWTrunk (which uses the same data layout as the old dos ETrunk I believe).

Great work!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ok I lied... Looks like EWTrunk has a slightly different format than the DOS version. I can handle re-entering talkgroups but ugh... all the RID's will be a pain.

One more question for you.... While running my EWTrunk my decode is currently sitting at 94%. I shut it down and fire up UT and the bar is in the green, then dips into the yellow and red, then goes back to green. Any guesses as to what would be causing the decode fluctuations in UT but not EWTrunk? I'm getting lots of false information (RID's on the wrong TG's etc) when the decode rate dips in UT.

Other than that, working well!

SCPD

QRT
The fluctuating signal quality is realtime to the nearest second. I'm guessing that ewtrunk, like etrunk displays a number averaged over time.

For bad decodes, I'd need the decode logs to see what's going on. Knowing which system you monitor will help too.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
When monitoring an EDACS system, is there any way to differentiate between Provoice and a encrypted Provoice signal???

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks for the info. I'll play with it a little more tonight and see how things look.... I noticed after I posted about the signal strength that the signal was indeed weak this afternoon. My BC780 that I use to monitor the system usually has all 6 bars lit up and it was bouncing between 3 and 4. I've also noticed that EWTrunk just shows ---- for radio ID's once signal starts to drop.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Eric. I've got two messages pulling the program in two different directions.

Code:
FC00000[0] (0) 
600C1C6[0] (1) Site Pro System 0001 Control Ch 06
F881001[0] (0) Island Site 01 CChan 01
F881001[0] (1)

Florida SLERS is a large networked system. This one (MBTA, I presume?) does not appear to be networked. The "island" logic was a best guess on my part. Obviously it's broken.

This little gem may be related to an FB8 pair I've seen previously.

Code:
FD60121[0] (0) dumped
FD60121[0] (1) dumped
Hello,

I have some dumps of Cecil Co done in 2006 and 2007. They did not send out the F88 message while MBTA was sending out the message at that time. It serves the same purpose as the FC2 messages I figured out years ago by logging AEP sites.
Code:
 /* Adjacent Site Control Channel
       111 111 00001 sffff nnn sssss 0000
       aaa bbb ccccc 
       Likely the messages are split between sites 0 to 31 and 32 through 63  */
The n value represents the slot number for the data. There are a maximum of 8 slots for a maximum of 7 neighbors (slots 1 to 7). When n is zero there are slot count values instead of lcn and site number.

The EA format gets rid of the slot number and replaces it with what appears to be a ranking. A ranking of zero must mean no neighbors and the other numbers may mean something different or should be ignored.

73 Eric

nd5y

Is it possibe to save a system's talkgroups and users as text files or export them as csv files?
Is it possible to select and copy data? If I select several items and right click I don't get a menu.
Am I doing something wrong?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Eric - would you believe a four bit slot #?
Hello,

I looked back at the Florida logs I have and realized it is a slot number :( They eliminated the count from the rotation. I want to head down to Florida this year to do some monitoring. I go to the SWLFest in PA in March so I can just head south a little and get Cecil Co.

I modified the etrunk code based on my edump code modifications and now I can track the MBTA system until Unitrunker gets fixed. Linking the two words together really simplifies the logic but you need to figure out what the new bits mean.

73 Eric

paul612

Premium Subscriber
I am using the software on my 396XT. I am trying to monitor my local EDACS system (Worcester,MA) I do not have a great signal on the control channel and it flutters in and out. After having the program open for 30 mins I had 240 "limbo" windows open. I have tried the site lock off and site lock on and still same results.

I notice on a 800 moto system there is an ad-hoc window that buffers till a decent signal is decoded. Is there a way to do this with edacs systems? I also notice when you loose signal completly the program closes out. Is there a way to have it stay opened like the old dos style trunkers when the signal is lost?

When I open on a fresh new edacs window I save it after a min or so of decodong and change alpha tags but when I loose my signal and program opens a new limbo window I can never get back to limbo 1, which I started to modify.

SCPD

QRT
I am using the software on my 396XT. I am trying to monitor my local EDACS system (Worcester,MA) I do not have a great signal on the control channel and it flutters in and out. After having the program open for 30 mins I had 240 "limbo" windows open. I have tried the site lock off and site lock on and still same results.
After 8 seconds of no data, the program assumes you've gone out of range.

I notice on a 800 moto system there is an ad-hoc window that buffers till a decent signal is decoded. Is there a way to do this with edacs systems?
That's how it should work for EDACS too - if the program has some way of determining the frequency of the active control channel. For manually tuned radios, you have to manually key in the frequency. For the GRE models, the program will poll the radio for the current frequency. That logic also exists for the XT models but it may be broken.

I also notice when you loose signal completely the program closes out. Is there a way to have it stay opened like the old dos style Trunkers when the signal is lost?
This shouldn't happen. The site window should stay. It might get overlaid by another window but it shouldn't go away - which means this is likely a bug. Can you elaborate with any additional info?

When I open on a fresh new EDACS window I save it after a min or so of decoding and change alpha tags but when I loose my signal and program opens a new limbo window I can never get back to limbo 1, which I started to modify.
Turn decoding off. Delete any other extraneous "limbo" sites. Make sure all control channels have frequencies assigned (type them in or use the RR DB download). The next time a Limbo site window appears - key in the active control channel's frequency. The program will match the keyed frequency to your previously logged EDACS site data and switch to the site with matching data. Obviously - if the program falls out of lock several times a minute - you're fighting a losing battle.

I'll look into extending the 8 second window for keeping a site locked and providing some sort of user selectable option eg. site lock is off / 8 seconds / infinite.

grosminet

unitrunker restrictions

Is there any restriction using unitrunker v12 with windows 7 64 ? Scope is good but no decode . System is a Motorola type 2

thanks for answer

kevins669

Database Admin
When I open on a fresh new edacs window I save it after a min or so of decodong and change alpha tags but when I loose my signal and program opens a new limbo window I can never get back to limbo 1, which I started to modify.

Turn decoding off. Delete any other extraneous "limbo" sites. Make sure all control channels have frequencies assigned (type them in or use the RR DB download). The next time a Limbo site window appears - key in the active control channel's frequency. The program will match the keyed frequency to your previously logged EDACS site data and switch to the site with matching data. Obviously - if the program falls out of lock several times a minute - you're fighting a losing battle.

I can confirm this is the case, as well. With this version, I am unable to get EDACS systems to do anything but create Limbo systems. I have 4 EDACS systems in Unitrunker, with all of the LCNs entered. Using discriminator and inline methods, UT does not pull the record, only a new Limbo system.

I am going to try to go back a couple of versions and test... I know it worked on .9 and .10.
-- Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.