Unitrunker Release 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Am I correct that when the user (lE Officer, Fireman whatever) simply turns on his/her radio it will show up on UniTunker as a join because the radio must affiliate itself.
That's right; user turns radio on or turns knob to a different talkgroup.

D

DaveNF2G

Just out of curiosity, why not just use AFF, which everyone with any trunktracking experience would recognize, instead of the slightly confusing JOIN?

SCPD

QRT
It does raise a few eyebrows among old-timers. The "Joins" and "Leaves" has been very easily understood by users - both new and old. Both are one syllable words so they take up little space. They're complete words so I seldom have to explain.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hi Rick,

Can you advise as to the status of using an Icom IC-PCR100 for a voice receiver? I see it as an option, it appears that UniTrunker is communicating on some level with it as it does power the receiver on. I followed some volume settings that I found in another thread you posted back in 3/11 but to no avail. As a matter of fact I'm not hearing the "parked" frequency (local NOAA weather for test purposes). The receiver works fine with another program (TrunkPCR). I do have the "listen" box checked under options.

It's my intention to use this as strictly a voice receiver; no discriminator tap on this one. Is this currently broken or am I a dummy...or both? :D

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
Can you advise as to the status of using an Icom IC-PCR100 for a voice receiver? Is this currently broken or am I a dummy...or both? :D
It's broken. I've been working on this since this past weekend. I've got a PCR100 and PCR1500 for testing.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Rick
Is it possible to include the PCR2500 also? I like to take advantage of the two receivers. Thanks in advance for your reply.

vince48

SCPD

QRT
This fix should allow using one of the VCOs on the '2500. I have an architectural change that's been sitting on hold for a while that will allow use of both VCOs. The current fix should also allow listening to P25 voice on the 2500's primary VCO.

mmisk

With the advent of DSD, there is now a need for scanners that will track
and display PV talkgroups.
With the help of members and RR, it would be nice we could compile an accurate list of those radios that do
track and display PV TG's, along with the firmware version that is required.

Thanks, Mike

mmisk

Unitrunker:

Is it possible for a user to change the default talkgroup color from light green to another color that is easier to read? I know that I can change the color after the talkgroups are received, but it would be very helpful if the default of light green could be changed so that at start up the talkgroups on a new system could be something darker perhaps black.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
Yes. You can edit the group and user prototypes. Each time a new group or user is discovered, a clone of the prototype is made. If you want to change the color of existing groups or users, use the Multiselect feature to zap them all to a different color.

You'll find the button to edit the prototype on each system window's toolbar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.