Unitrunker Release 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi bigbud;

it always says 1 device found but is busy i have done everything reinstalled drivers I can't get it to work I just want to throw it in the trash
What tuner chip does your RTL stick have? Unitrunker only supports RTL sticks with the R820T chip. For other tuner chips like the E4000, you'll need to use a separate program to control the RTL stick and pipe discriminator audio in through VB cable or VAC.

Does the device work with an SDR program like SDR#? Can you see a water fall display?

rock18

Does anyone have the logout and login entries doubled (they appear 2 times) monitoring a p25 system on version 28.4? Don't remember or notice this on previous versions.

rock18

After some log diagnostics it appears that the duplication is what the system is transmitting.

joeuser

The Wretched
fa8caad18363408983174003ee4d596c.jpg

When upgrading from the last version to the new version - what changes? I tried to upgrade twice now & when I do I lose my audio...

joeuser

The Wretched
Mr. Unitrunker, Sir...

When upgrading from the last version to the new version - what changes? I tried to upgrade twice now & when I do I lose my audio...

Sincerely, Me

SCPD

QRT
Joe - what version are you talking about?

The only version relevant to this thread is 1.0.28.4 - which is the latest official version.

If you've grabbed something from a preview folder - those are experimental. Sign up to the Google groups mailing list if you want to participate in preview testing. Otherwise, it is best for you to stick with latest the official version.

joeuser

The Wretched
Joe - what version are you talking about?

The only version relevant to this thread is 1.0.28.4 - which is the latest official version.

If you've grabbed something from a preview folder - those are experimental. Sign up to the Google groups mailing list if you want to participate in preview testing. Otherwise, it is best for you to stick with latest the official version.
Thank you for your reply.

I have the last official? version: 1.0.27.19.

When I install the new one 28? I get no audio. Something gets broke, I move my original files back & it works fine again. ( I manually copy the dir for a backup before I install the new version).

What changes take place between these two versions that would make it not work properly? I'm sure its a setting but I can't figure it out. Listen to a P25p1 system on 8xx range. DSD+. Screen shot is a few posts above.

Thank you again, I appreciate any efforts on my behalf.

ssbtech

Hello,
I'm wondering if you can help me out here. I'm completely new to this.

I'm using the latest version of UniTrunker and am following the guide located here.

I've managed to set one of my radios tuned to the control channel and it's displaying a list of calls.

I'm stuck with the second radio, however.

For the Voice Channel Receiver, I see that the guide directs me to set the gain and PPM offset. I'm not sure what I should be using here. I've tried the values displayed in the guide's screenshot.

I have "Park" set to 0 and other settings matching OK.

All I get is hiss from both the analog output and DSD+ recordings. (DSD+ doesn't seem to be outputting anything via the speakers 'on the fly', however).

I have enabled UniTrunker Following by setting "Listen" to enabled.

So I'm not sure if UniTrunker is setting the voice receiver to the appropriate frequency based on what's coming in from the Control channel or what could be going on here.

This is the system I'm attempting to listen to: Capital Region Emergency Services Telecom (CREST) Trunking System, Victoria, British Columbia - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
Hi tech;

I'm using the latest version of UniTrunker and am following the guide located here.
That tutorial is fairly good but is slightly out of date. This link may help ...

UniTrunker | Realtek

For the Voice Channel Receiver, I see that the guide directs me to set the gain and PPM offset. I'm not sure what I should be using here. I've tried the values displayed in the guide's screenshot.
To determine the warp value - you'll need to use another program that provides a waterfall display. The idea is to tune to a known frequency. Expect to see the actual signal some distance away. Increase the correction or "warp" factor until the signal lines up. Save that warp value for later. Note that the correction factor is not the same as a frequency offset which is usually needed when you're using an up-converter. That does not apply hear so leave any offset frequency at zero.

I have "Park" set to 0 and other settings matching OK.
Park the voice receiver on known local station like NOAA weather radio. If there's an active analog voice channel - use that. Adjust the gain up or down as needed. Also adjust the squelch. Once you've got it to your liking, you change change the park frequency to zero.

I'm not sure if UniTrunker is setting the voice receiver to the appropriate frequency based on what's coming in from the Control channel or what could be going on here.
The Calls tab of the site window will display the list of channels with any associated frequencies. If they're zero, the program won't be able to tell the voice receiver to tune to an active call. A band plan maps channel numbers to channel frequencies. Some Motorola systems use a standard bandplan. Your system requires a custom plan. You can fill out the details on the Bandplan tab of the site window. You can also use the download feature to pull down the bandplan from the RR DB.

From the link you provided, the plan is simple - only one row is needed.

Base frequency is 139.635 Mhz. Step size is 15 khz. "Lo" channel number is 380 and "Hi" channel number is 759.

ssbtech

Hi tech;
To determine the warp value - you'll need to use another program that provides a waterfall display. The idea is to tune to a known frequency. Expect to see the actual signal some distance away. Increase the correction or "warp" factor until the signal lines up. Save that warp value for later. Note that the correction factor is not the same as a frequency offset which is usually needed when you're using an up-converter. That does not apply hear so leave any offset frequency at zero.

Ok, I think I got that bit figured out now...

Park the voice receiver on known local station like NOAA weather radio. If there's an active analog voice channel - use that. Adjust the gain up or down as needed. Also adjust the squelch. Once you've got it to your liking, you change change the park frequency to zero.

This is where I start to get a little puzzled. A local Weather Radio station here is at 162.400. All I get is hiss using SDR# or UniTracker. There's a very narrow peak in the spectrum analyzer, but no audio besides hiss.

If I tune to a local FM radio station, it comes in crystal clear. So I'm not sure if my antenna is poor, poorly placed or what.

The Calls tab of the site window will display the list of channels with any associated frequencies. If they're zero, the program won't be able to tell the voice receiver to tune to an active call. A band plan maps channel numbers to channel frequencies. Some Motorola systems use a standard bandplan. Your system requires a custom plan. You can fill out the details on the Bandplan tab of the site window. You can also use the download feature to pull down the bandplan from the RR DB.

From the link you provided, the plan is simple - only one row is needed.

Base frequency is 139.635 Mhz. Step size is 15 khz. "Lo" channel number is 380 and "Hi" channel number is 759.

The channels and calls tabs are displaying several frequencies. With the exception of the 143.685 control channel, they're all in the 853-867 range. The calls scroll in the bottom half of the window, and the "Target ID" is briefly displayed next to one of the frequencies up in the top half of the window. (I'm assuming this is the frequency that gets passed onto the Voice receiver for tuning).

So it appears that the calls are being properly tracked on the frequency, I just need to figure out how to get the voice receiver to pick up a frequency properly.

SCPD

QRT
A local Weather Radio station here is at 162.400. All I get is hiss using SDR# or UniTracker. There's a very narrow peak in the spectrum analyzer, but no audio besides hiss.
You can use the control channel to calibrate your voice receiver. Try turning on baseband AGC and tuner AGC.

With the exception of the 143.685 control channel, they're all in the 853-867 range.
That's not good. Click on the band plan tab. There should only be one entry for 138.635 Mhz. Any entries in the 800 Mhz range don't belong there. You'll need to delete those.

joeuser

The Wretched

Envoys

Are you hearing analog at all or is the system pure digital? I can see from DSD that its decoding, check your DSD audio output option, it might be set to the wrong output.

ssbtech

That's not good. Click on the band plan tab. There should only be one entry for 138.635 Mhz. Any entries in the 800 Mhz range don't belong there. You'll need to delete those.

Interesting.

Ok, I went into the band plan tab, removed all the 800+ entries and added the 139.635 (you're a number off in the quote above, but correct in the previous quote).

When I save, stop and restart the radio, it still shows all the 800's in the call history and frequency table.

Attachments

• UniTrunker1 (Custom).JPG
    UniTrunker1 (Custom).JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 187
  • EditedBandPlan.JPG
    EditedBandPlan.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 142

ssbtech

Aargh! I didn't set the "Hi channel number" correctly.

Now this is what I'm getting:

Attachments

• Freqs.JPG
    Freqs.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.