Unitrunker Release 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
A quick way to observe the problem is to set a busy group to a priority greater than 50, while the listen priority in options is still set to the default of 50. This should mute that group, shouldn't it? But it doesn't.
What's the priority of the users talking on that group ID? Despite changng the group's priority, the aggregate priority of the call may still qualify for listening.

nlurker

What's the priority of the users talking on that group ID? Despite changng the group's priority, the aggregate priority of the call may still qualify for listening.

Ah-ha! The users are all priority 50. I think this explains what I am doing wrong, thank you very much. What is the best practice most people follow for setting group and user priorities?

joeuser

The Wretched
I don't assign the users priority, I assign the TG priorities. My system isn't busy enough, but I could guess on a busy system you may want " dispatch " to have priority over the rest of the users. I'd be interested in the best way one would do this & how it would work with TG priority assignments. I'm guessing if you assign 1 to dispatch it would broadcast that over anyone else user or TG...

nlurker

I don't assign the users priority, I assign the TG priorities. My system isn't busy enough, but I could guess on a busy system you may want " dispatch " to have priority over the rest of the users. I'd be interested in the best way one would do this & how it would work with TG priority assignments. I'm guessing if you assign 1 to dispatch it would broadcast that over anyone else user or TG...

I also have only been setting talk group priorities. That is why it looks like priorities over 50 don't work; the user priorities are all 50 and thus are overriding group priorities above 50. I guess I would need to change all the user priorities to a higher number if I want to use higher group priorities. (Actually, higher numbers = lower priority, which makes this a little confusing to talk about.)

I too would be interested in how others are setting their priorities, and how user priorities interact with group priorities. Group priorities make perfect sense to me, but user priorities just seem to confuse the matter.

joeuser

The Wretched
Right, 50 being default is midline. 49 to 01 is a higher priority as the number value decreases. So 01 is the highest. Anything from 51 to 99 is a lower priority from the default of 50, as the number value increases. So 99 is the absolute lowest priority.

I would assume Unitrunker doesn't care if its a TG or user of it. Whatever has the highest priority will broadcast.

Regardless, this is just another reason Unitrunker is quite superior for monitoring. You can't get this level of detail with any Uniden, GRE, Radio Shark, or other unit.

I love the fact that I can set my local DOT guys to 51 & only hear them talking like CB'ers when there is just no one else worth listening to!

nlurker

Regardless, this is just another reason Unitrunker is quite superior for monitoring. You can't get this level of detail with any Uniden, GRE, Radio Shark, or other unit.

I agree! Unitrunker is amazing. I am even happier now that I have figured out why half the priority range wasn't working. I monitor a very active P25 system (108 groups and 1619 users). Getting the priorities just right is essential to a good listening experience.

Envoys

Excellent! Glad to see the separation of digital and analog output. Is the digital output set to whatever settings we have selected for the analog audio output or is it fixed to the best settings for the best decode possible? I noticed in the last version that when I used the same settings when listening to a digital feed with my analog settings, auto gain on, squelch enabled and de-emphasize on, then the decoding of digital sometimes had errors...not a big deal really just wondering if it could be separated.

DeKP

Unitrunker,
Thank you of the in depth explanation. I set the dedicated option and that seems to have done the trick. As I said, I am using a tapped bct 15 and rtl dongle along with sdr #. I have Unitrunker set up as follows: Type = signal Model = discriminator Role = signal / Type = debug Model = debug Role = voice. Is this correct???
Also I do think there may be a problem with my processing power in that the signal in unitrunker will just stop (the green bar goes black) but my bct15 is still recv a strong signal. I think I’m going to go to the newest version this weekend.

joeuser

The Wretched
I agree! Unitrunker is amazing. I am even happier now that I have figured out why half the priority range wasn't working. I monitor a very active P25 system (108 groups and 1619 users). Getting the priorities just right is essential to a good listening experience.

I wonder if there is a way to set the default to say 75, giving you more control that way. Then again, I guess you can just set them all & be mindful of new finds picking up at 50. I have only gone up to 45 myself & one TG has 51. While the KSICS system is huge, I only hear a fraction of it in my remote location. Unless, someone drags traffic through my area & even then its to brief for me to figure out & map out the users, etc.

SCPD

QRT
is a way to set the default to say 75
Yes. This won't help for radio IDs you've already logged, but there is a radio user template where you can edit the default values for most everything associated with a radio ID (likewise for group IDs). Look on the System window toolbar.

For radio IDs already logged, you can select the Users tab on the System window, and highlight multiple rows of user IDs. Click the Inspect button on the toolbar to edit them all at once.

Zap the listening priority and you're done.

SCPD

QRT
Just wanted to comment that I am monitoring an Edacs system and my lock mode is "Dedicated" on my PSR500 .. and it works perfectly.

PhillyPhoto

I got the signal and voice receivers working, but noticed if you have both outputs to the same device, the digital doesn't work. If you're monitoring a digital only system, and don't want to hear any analog audio, you have to select a device that doesn't get used.

joeuser

The Wretched
Yes. This won't help for radio IDs you've already logged, but there is a radio user template where you can edit the default values for most everything associated with a radio ID (likewise for group IDs). Look on the System window toolbar.

For radio IDs already logged, you can select the Users tab on the System window, and highlight multiple rows of user IDs. Click the Inspect button on the toolbar to edit them all at once.

Nice!

Envoys

I got the signal and voice receivers working, but noticed if you have both outputs to the same device, the digital doesn't work. If you're monitoring a digital only system, and don't want to hear any analog audio, you have to select a device that doesn't get used.

Why would you set analog and digital to the same output? Of they are on the same output then you will hear analog calls and digital noise. You need to use 2 separate outputs and feed the digital to dsd. I'm recording calls using two RTL dongles, digital set to audio cable 1 and analog set to audio cable 2. DSD is working on input audio cable 1 and outputting on audio cable 2 and my recorder listening on audio cable 2 and everything is working great.

nlurker

Thanks! I set them all to 200, and it worked fine. Then I tried entering 0, and negative numbers, and these seemed to work fine too. Which makes me wonder, what is the actual maximum range I can use?

S

screamin72

There is still the squelch issue. I got the thing set on 80 but some noise still comes through. Set at 100 it still has noise. Squelch doesn't work. I am running the 2 R820T dongles. Same issue on all versions. I am using 1.0.28.4

PhillyPhoto

There is still the squelch issue. I got the thing set on 80 but some noise still comes through. Set at 100 it still has noise. Squelch doesn't work. I am running the 2 R820T dongles. Same issue on all versions. I am using 1.0.28.4

I got the same issue. I was testing on a digital only system with the voice receiver parked on "0.00" like stated in the setup guide. Having analog router to my speakers caused constant noise. I wish there was a "mute" option for when you're using digital systems so you don't have to switch your output when you actually do want to monitor analog/mixed systems. A working squelch would be a nice work around so you could set it to 100.

Why would you set analog and digital to the same output? Of they are on the same output then you will hear analog calls and digital noise. You need to use 2 separate outputs and feed the digital to dsd. I'm recording calls using two RTL dongles, digital set to audio cable 1 and analog set to audio cable 2. DSD is working on input audio cable 1 and outputting on audio cable 2 and my recorder listening on audio cable 2 and everything is working great.

See above. Squelch doesn't work for muting the parked frequency.

SCPD

QRT
Try 200 ... 300 ... 400.

Envoys

i had the same issue, only thing i could do to resolve...set squelch to 300!

S

screamin72

even setting 500 won't work. Y'all might want to look again because I see no resolve.This happens when deemphasis is unchecked in favor for passing provoice to DSD+ I like monitoring mixed system. My local EDACS system has analogue and Provoice. It acts like squelch is disabled when deemphasis is unchecked.

Another issue. In XP it saves the xml files on my desktop which really sucks even when I give it the directory to the unitrunker installation folder. This happens when I uninstalled it the re-installed it. Looks like when one thing gets fixed another thing gets broken. I think you should go back through it and slowly redo things catching things you missed. God this sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.