Unitrunker Release 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envoys

For my voice receiver:

Auto Gain is ON
Deemphasis is ON
Squelch is set to 300.

This seems to be working fine for me on a P25 based system with a mix of digital and analog. The digital stuff being fed to dsd+.

Last edited:

PhillyPhoto

OK, didn't realize squelch went >100, set it to 143 and that seems to be working pretty well. My issue now is EDACS analog voice sounds horrible. All I can hear is the end data bits when a call is over. I have the following settings:

Baseband AGC: checked
Gain: 300
Auto Gain: unchecked

I have no problems with digital audio on a Motorola system. Could it be because the only option is "FM" for mode? I had used WFM in SDR with my old setup and had no problems hearing analog.

SCPD

QRT
This happens when deemphasis is unchecked in favor for passing provoice to DSD+ I like monitoring mixed system. My local EDACS system has analogue and Provoice. It acts like squelch is disabled when deemphasis is unchecked.
You no longer need to un-check deemphasis to monitor ProVoice. The audio path for listening is separate from the audio path supplying discriminator audio to a third party decoder.

it saves the xml files on my desktop which really sucks even when I give it the directory to the unitrunker installation folder.
How are you running the program? If you run it from the Start menu, this should not be a problem. If - in a previous installation - you've told it to store your data on the desktop ... well, that's what you'll have.

Try this - do a clean "first time" install. Run the program once. Don't configure anything yet. Go to the Archive tab and click on the "Where are my files?" tool button. Windows Explorer will appear with that folder open. Exit the program. Copy your previously logged files to this folder. When you start the program, your data should appear in the Receivers and Systems tabs.

One you are satisfied - delete the other copies of your data to prevent confusion. That should put you back to a standard install. Future upgrades should "just work" without any fuss.

tylerjw

Is there a way to import IQ sample files? I have a USRP that I can get IQ samples from and would like to be able to use your software for decoding MPT1327.

frazpo

Hit a snag I can't get past. Two functional RTL dongles. Ive confirmed both will decode the signal just fine so all is good there on the correction and signal strength. I am working on a p25 signal I will eventually use DSD, but for now I just good audio from speakers. This is what I cannot get. I am getting nothing but static, It doesnt seem to be following voice frequencies.
Like most of you I tinker quite a bit so I am past the simple stuff,,I think, please make a liar out of me :)
Following this precisely,,,
RTL-SDR Tutorial: Following Trunked Radio with Unitrunker - rtl-sdr.com

PhillyPhoto

Do you have the analog and digital going to different audio ports? When I had them the same on mine, the digital would drop all together.

Also, if you look at the bottom of the voice receiver, you should see it actually changing channels, not just staying on the "parked" frequency. Don't forget to enable the "follow" option I think it's called on the main options screen as well.

On a side note, try out DSD+. I noticed a night and day difference compared to DSD with P25 decode.

frazpo

Do you have the analog and digital going to different audio ports? When I had them the same on mine, the digital would drop all together.

Also, if you look at the bottom of the voice receiver, you should see it actually changing channels, not just staying on the "parked" frequency. Don't forget to enable the "follow" option I think it's called on the main options screen as well.

On a side note, try out DSD+. I noticed a night and day difference compared to DSD with P25 decode.

On that.. I only need a setting on the voice receiver right? Right now I just have it to speakers to make sure I get it before I try DSD+. Any setting on the signal side?

I think you are speaking of Listen - "enabled" Yes that is checked

I meant DSD+

PhillyPhoto

Yes, it only matters on the voice receiver, but I think you need analog & digital to go to separate outputs. So if you want to make sure you're getting a digital signal, set analog to something other than speakers (mine is going to the MS sound mapper) and then digital to the speakers. This is where a "digital only" or "mute analog" type option would help, so you don't have to keep switching outputs around.

I saw someone say they use 2 virtual cables with 1 feeding analog to the speakers and the 2nd to DSD then to the speakers That sounds like a good workaround, but I'm not sure of the specifics of getting that working.

Envoys

Yes, it only matters on the voice receiver, but I think you need analog & digital to go to separate outputs. So if you want to make sure you're getting a digital signal, set analog to something other than speakers (mine is going to the MS sound mapper) and then digital to the speakers. This is where a "digital only" or "mute analog" type option would help, so you don't have to keep switching outputs around.

I saw someone say they use 2 virtual cables with 1 feeding analog to the speakers and the 2nd to DSD then to the speakers That sounds like a good workaround, but I'm not sure of the specifics of getting that working.

That was me...it's very easy using either virtual audio cable or vbcable. Just make sure you have setup 2 inputs in the virtual audio cable control panel or the vbcable control panel. Once that is done, set unitrunker analog to audio cable 1, and digital to audio cable 2, then tell DSD+ to use audio cable 2 as it's input and your speakers as the output. You will then hear output on your speakers for both digital and analog, providing DSD+ does a good decode for you :)

frazpo

Will any of this fix the fact I am not getting frequencies parked at the bottom of the listen (voice) receiver?

Envoys

No.

Share your complete setup on the voice receiver.

I am assuming the signal receiver is working fine and you have the site up and it's showing activity?

PhillyPhoto

Have you touched the priorities at all? If you're not seeing the frequency change at the bottom of the voice receiver, than it's not working correctly. It should show the frequency, and the from/to below that. Try changing the priority on the home screen to 99 to get all the channels no matter what their priority is. Also, look at the channel listing and make sure you don't have any locked out for some reason.

frazpo

No.

Share your complete setup on the voice receiver.

I am assuming the signal receiver is working fine and you have the site up and it's showing activity?

I get a good solid signal and decode well (90-100%)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-08-01 13.51.56.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-08-01 13.51.56.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot 2014-08-01 13.56.02.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-08-01 13.56.02.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 279

frazpo

Have you touched the priorities at all? If you're not seeing the frequency change at the bottom of the voice receiver, than it's not working correctly. It should show the frequency, and the from/to below that. Try changing the priority on the home screen to 99 to get all the channels no matter what their priority is. Also, look at the channel listing and make sure you don't have any locked out for some reason.

I set it to 99.
Locked out? unsure of that option.

PhillyPhoto

When you look at the site, do any of the frequencies ever turn green? That's an indication that the voice channel should be tuning to that frequency.

Would it be possible to grab a screenshot of the site, main unitrunker screen and each receiver in 4 columns next to each other so we can see how everything is setup?

Envoys

You need to make sure P25 is checked on both the signal and voice receivers. Both under the control section and the decode section. I would check everything from Analog down, as well as everything in the decode section as I don't know what system you are trying to monitor.

frazpo

When you look at the site, do any of the frequencies ever turn green? That's an indication that the voice channel should be tuning to that frequency.

Would it be possible to grab a screenshot of the site, main unitrunker screen and each receiver in 4 columns next to each other so we can see how everything is setup?

Yes. no problem decoding the system. I am now getting parked frequencies on the voice side. I needed to have the "p25" checked. Now I need to adjust my dsd for the correct dongle. Should I use digital or analog output to DSD through VB cable??

Status
Not open for further replies.