Unitrunker Release 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Set the analog path to your speakers.

If you ever monitor an analog trunking system or a system with mixed analog and voice, the analog calls can be heard. The analog output is also used when the receiver is parked.
OK I think I understand, I'll give it another try. I'm curious about the signal receiver being muted or not, would you explain that more? Just trying to learn. TYVM!

ssbtech

Just need another tip here if I may...

I keep losing the Signal.. er.. signal. (The one doing the trunking).

Under "Decode" I have "Motorola" as the Protocal and usually 100 (sometimes drops down to the 90's) for Health.

Then out of the blue, it drops off completely, nothing listed under Protocol or Health.

I have to jump-start it, usually by toggling the "Auto Gain" setting to the opposite of what it was when the signal was lost, then it comes back to 100.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

joeuser

The Wretched

Under "Decode" I have "Motorola" as the Protocal and usually 100 (sometimes drops down to the 90's) for Health.

Then out of the blue, it drops off completely, nothing listed under Protocol or Health.

I have to jump-start it, usually by toggling the "Auto Gain" setting to the opposite of what it was when the signal was lost, then it comes back to 100.

You know the dongles are temp sensitive right? That leads to the drift. If you don't do the drift right - you'll lose the signal just like that. I use SDR# for this. Tune to your strongest CC. Set you PPM so that you are dead on or just a smidge right of the signals peak. Then make sure the dongle is situated in a way to avoid temp changes, as best possible. So no vents, windows, etc.

Envoys

I had the same issue before, turned out to be a faulty dongle. Got a replacement one and haven't had any issues since.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Also read that when you set the ppm corrections in unitrunker from your settings in SDR#, try two places up or down for decode. IE: ppm=25 in sdr#....in unitrunker try 23 or 27 to see if that gives 100% decode.

ssbtech

Thanks guys. I'm aware of the temperature issues and have set the correction accordingly. I'll have to look at making some minor adjustments to the PPM. It's currently around 125.

Taking another look at the correction in SDRSharp, the red line is just a tad left of the signal peak's center. I'll bump it right a little.

joeuser

The Wretched
Thanks guys. I'm aware of the temperature issues and have set the correction accordingly. I'll have to look at making some minor adjustments to the PPM. It's currently around 125.

Taking another look at the correction in SDRSharp, the red line is just a tad left of the signal peak's center. I'll bump it right a little.
Bingo, its indeed surprising how a tick one way or the other can go from 100 to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.