Unitrunker Release 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Release 29

The four most notable features are - more sensitive decoding on RTL devices allows using lower gain settings, suppress EDACS call termination beeps, a setting to control history depth, and a memory leak has been plugged.

New Features

History depth settings - found on the site and system info tabs. The site history depth sets the number of hours of site history. The system history depth sets the number of hours of group and user history. Settings are persisted.
Improved IQ stack reduces the amount of gain needed to push a signal through the demodulator.
FM demodulator output scaled to sample rate and signal bandwidth. Full deflection without clipping.
Notch filter to suppress EDACS call termination beeps.
Wave audio outputs include "Unspecified" as an option (and default for digital out).
MPT1327 is now auto-polarity as well as auto-sync.

Fixes

Opensky detection is permanently disabled - too many false positives!
Fixed logging of R820T truncation errors (less than 200 hertz typical).
EDACS I-calls grant & continuation messages disagreed for analog vs. ProVoice.
Default Motorola band plan choices now include "None".
Enable Pages check box on Group history tab.
Page events weren't dispatched.
Nasty memory leak of history items.

download

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
Please forgive my ignorance as I've only really started using Unitrunker a month ago, I've looked all around & can't find a walk-through guide to updating without losing any settings or data. I really don't want to screw it up & start over! Thanks -Justin

Envoys

Please forgive my ignorance as I've only really started using Unitrunker a month ago, I've looked all around & can't find a walk-through guide to updating without losing any settings or data. I really don't want to screw it up & start over! Thanks -Justin

well just in case, always make a backup!

I've always just installed a new version and it updated fine, didn't overwrite my settings.

joeuser

The Wretched
As Enjoys wrote, backup that UT directory. I just copy the entire dir. If things go wrong just move it back and overwrite.

SCPD

QRT
If you installed the program without specifying any custom folder(s) - you can upgrade "in place". The program uses your existing data files. The only risk is in rolling back to an older version when the data format has changed. Don't forget the Archive tab lists past snapshots so even in the case of rollback, you should have a snapshot that is compatible with the older version.

If you set a custom folder - you're on your own. It's up to you to remember and set that location each time you upgrade.

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
OK I got it updated but I think I messed something up. Between transmissions I can hear static when the voice receiver is parked. The data output works great & has better decoding but why am I hearing anything when parked?

The audio when parked is going to speakers and is not routed through the virtual cable. How can I mute it without muting output to VAC? Thanks. Screenshot of receiver settings is attached. Thanks, -Justin

Attachments

• Reciever Settings.jpg
    Reciever Settings.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 806

Envoys

only thing i can think of to try is set squelch to 500 and check de-emphasis on the voice receiver.

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
Since I park mine on a NOAA channel, I have the analog audio routed to a VB cable I don't use.
Not sure if that helps, but it works for me.

nlurker

Thanks, the new EDACS notch filter works great! I don't hear those annoying beeps any more.

I am also seeing P25 Pages for the first time.

Last edited:

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
OK I routed audio output to unused VAC & it's worked. Then I changed it to unspecified & it's quiet when parked. So "unspecified" is the same as "none" I guess.

With nothing selected it used speakers as the default output I think. I used to use Unitrunker only to decode CC data while listening on my PRO-2096 but now it's like I have 2 scanners! Great thanks! -Justin

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
I just wanted to add, when I changed the audio output to "unspecified" it did not take effect until I stopped the receiver & pushed play to start it again (or restarted Unitrunker.) I had just assumed changing it would change it instantly (like most of the other receiver settings.) I tried it again & confirmed. Not sure if it's my system (Win 7) or the software. Not something I'd consider a problem though.

No big deal & it works beautifully. -Justin

DeKP

I would like to say this upgrade is great. That EDACS beep is gone. Thank You. Also, it seems to be more stable.in that I don't need to restart it after a period of time because the disc just stops, even though the scope still shows it is recv signal.Now, It will run for hours before I need to restart it. Thank you to the developers of this program. In conjunction with DSD+ this has given me a whole new level to this hobby and I've been in the hobby for 45 years.

jimmyvegas29

Can someone help me figure out where you can turn off the EDACS beeps, i see it has been added in the change log, and a few people have commented that its great but where exactly is the notch filter located in unitrunker?

KD8DVR

Can someone help me figure out where you can turn off the EDACS beeps, i see it has been added in the change log, and a few people have commented that its great but where exactly is the notch filter located in unitrunker?
It's probably best to address this issue in the unitrunker google group. The developer no longer is on radio reference and prefers discussion of unitrunker on his group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

pinkfish457

The updated versions of Unitrunker can be found on GOOGLE GROUPS/Unitrunker. All you need to do is go to GOOGLE/GROUPS and search for Unitrunker. Sign up (it's free) and you can get access to the latest versions and email the developer.

pinkfish457

Status
Not open for further replies.