Unitrunker (RTL ed.) & Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Loving the RTL version, works great! Is there a way to assign a higher priority to a particular talkgroup? Let's say talkgroup 1234 is transmitting is there a way I could get talkgroup 4321 to cut over 1234? I see there is a priority slot - I've seen 50, 51 automagically assigned. Tried setting 52 to a group but doesn't seem to have an effect.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
If I remember, UT will ignore anything with a TG above 50. Try a lower number. Also make sure the listen box is checked on the main options screen. There may actually be an option there to adjust the lockout threshold as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

S

screamin72

I third that motion. Lower numbers than 50 seem to be higher priority. I set one talk group to 49 and when that talk group came on air it overrode the priority 50 talk group it was already stopped on. Unitrunker will just go to the lower number.

SCPD

QRT
Think of the priority as a way to rank talk groups. Priority 1 is most important and priority 99 is least important. This ranking was inherited from the original DOS based trunking programs.

S

screamin72

Think of the priority as a way to rank talk groups. Priority 1 is most important and priority 99 is least important. This ranking was inherited from the original DOS based trunking programs.

Exactly how the law, fire agencies do it in some areas.

nlurker

Are priority values 51-99 supposed to work? They seem to get treated the same as 50 when I try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.