Unitrunker/SDR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraDIHO

Hi,

I'm currently using a tapped scanner and an R820T dongle to follow a couple of local P25 trunking systems, and I was wondering if a second dongle could be utilized to check multiple control channels for activity instead of my tapped scanner just monitoring one.

Thanks!

aspicer

Hi,

I'm currently using a tapped scanner and an R820T dongle to follow a couple of local P25 trunking systems, and I was wondering if a second dongle could be utilized to check multiple control channels for activity instead of my tapped scanner just monitoring one.

Thanks!

Unitracker seems to be able to readily add receivers. The questions are if it can recognize more than 1 instance of the driver for R820T dongles. And then if there were 2 DEBUG receivers how would it handle writing that file that SDR# needs to follow?

aspicer

Yah I think I realized that ... and I think you are saying that Unitrunker cannot handle 2 signal receivers ... so no point in having 2 debug receivers if that would even work either.

SCPD

QRT
Linking a debug receiver to SDR# is for voice following only. For a signal receiver, you'd use VB Cable to pipe SDR# audio output to a receiver configured for bare discriminator / signal-only audio input.

Status
Not open for further replies.