Unitrunker & SDRsharp- 2 recvrs- changing control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrelH

I have a setup to listen to a Motorola Smartnet II analog system, working well, with
- Windows 7
- 1 SDR dongle for control channel, with SDR# (SDRsharp.. however you decide to say it these days)
- 1 SDR dongle for voice channel, with another instance of SDR#
- Unitrunker successfully decoding the cc and steering the 2nd instance of SDR# for the voice channels.

The problem I hit is when the control channel changes, the 1st instance of SDR# is just sitting there on the old control channel, so everything is no bueno until I notice the issue and manually locate another control channel.

I searched through some posts back to 2010 and didn't see an answer for this situation. Is there a way to have Unitrunker also steer the 1st instance of SDR# that's on the control channel, to adjust it on the fly to alternates or based on data fed on the original control channel before it goes dead?

Thanks
DH

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Use one of the scanner plugins for the first instance of sdr# and have it scan through all the control channels (you'll need to save and group those obviously). I do this with dedicated lock mode in UT.

DarrelH

So I've installed the Freq Mgr + Scanner plugin and am tinkering with it. For what interval do you have it pause on each freq? I think I have everything setup right, and left those defaulted to 200/2 . We'll see what happens when they switch this evening....

DarrelH

@MK262- thanks again for the tip. It's running, and the Scanner plugin is configured with 4 control channels, but today when they switched, my SDR# didn't. It's set to 'Scan a Group' containing the control freqs, and I had to manually click 'Skip' to change to other ones when the primary went quiet. Is there a trick to getting it to truly auto-scan?

devicenull

@MK262- thanks again for the tip. It's running, and the Scanner plugin is configured with 4 control channels, but today when they switched, my SDR# didn't. It's set to 'Scan a Group' containing the control freqs, and I had to manually click 'Skip' to change to other ones when the primary went quiet. Is there a trick to getting it to truly auto-scan?

Yea, make sure you have a squelch setting defined for each frequency. It won't scan without it... took me awhile to figure that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.