Unitrunker setup questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I recently installed Unitrunker for use with a dongle, from RTL-SDR.

I used Zadig to install the correct driver needed.

I also installed SDR console, which does see activity coming from the dongle. However, when I start Unitrunker, I get an error message , on the receiver tab, under "Run" it says "Stopped" and under "Status" it says "Could not open".

If I shut down SDR console, I get "Running" and "Ready" but nothing else happens.

Can someone give me any other pointers as to what else to do / look for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

satboy8888

Only one application can use it at a time? You need to select the dongle identity before starting it?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

satboy8888

Only one sdr application can be open at a time. Once the application is open, select the correct dongle identity and start receiving. Make sense?

satboy8888

Either or, not both together. Choose one or the other.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Either or, not both together. Choose one or the other.

Then, how do I get Unitrunker to work at all?

My point in showing the above is, SDR works, with or without having Unitrunker launched. But, can't do otherwise. Why isn't Unitrunker "seeing" "using" the dongle ?

satboy8888

Then, how do I get Unitrunker to work at all?

My point in showing the above is, SDR works, with or without having Unitrunker launched. But, can't do otherwise. Why isn't Unitrunker "seeing" "using" the dongle ?

Understood but going forward, only open one application that is using the dongle at a time.

Please look around the internet for some getting started guides to get started. It's very difficult and time consuming to hold each new users hand the whole way through.

Start with something like this : http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-tutorial-following-trunked-radio-unitrunker/

Please note that that page is slightly out of date in that you aren't required to have to dongles to hear voice audio anymore due to an update since that page was written.

Also take a further look around that website as well, lots to read.

Also try to search this forum for any issues you encounter before posting questions.

Now, if you've read and tried something and it's just not working for you still or you think there's something 'off', do reply or post a new message with an appropriate subject to match the problem. :)

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Alright. Solved it. I've got stumped on Unitrunker and the "warp" setting thing. I was using SDR Console and SDR#. No matter how much searching I did, couldn't find any instructions on where / how, to locate that setting on either program. I just went with the general instructions and entered the cc frequency (which took some sleuthing as well because my target system has a trillion alternate cc frequencies) but finally managed to snag the right one and now Unitrunker is happily decoding away.

Now, I need to immerse myself in making sense out of all that data...

satboy8888

Very good. Sounds like you're progressing well. Standing by. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.