UniTrunker Signal Receiver Randomly Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

compywiz

Hi,

I have two RTL2832Us in a signal/voice configuration which passes the audio to DSD+ for processing. Everything works functionality wise, but after a short period of time, the signal receiver signal strength on the site window goes all black and calls stop coming in, however in the decode section of the receiver properties it shows Protocol: "ProVoice" and Health: "100".

To get things working again, I hit the stop button, then play button, on the signal receiver, and the protocol switches to "EDACS96", Health stays at "100", and the audio starts flowing again.

I'm at a loss on this one since it works without issue until a random time period that I can't seem to determine. It's historically been between 15 minutes to a couple of hours.

Let me know if I can provide any more information to help. Thanks in advance!

N0ZJT

Database Admin
I found that I when I unchecked all protocols except EDACS96 it would stay showing the green signal bar.

compywiz

Hi egrams,

Thanks for your reply. I gave that a shot and it's been working the longest ever so far. I think that might have done it!

funbob

Arrived at this thread because I was experiencing the exact same issue. Once I checked *only* EDACS96 on the signal receiver it fixed it for me as well.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Another issue with using RTL dongles as both control and signal receivers is the drift they undergo during temperature changes. Periodic adjustments one or two PPM usually overcome this problem, in my case anyway. I haven't noticed that the unchecking of other protocols makes any difference.

But for about $40, you can't beat it. I now use it as my main trunked system receiver for my local public safety system. With those periodic adjustments it works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.