unitrunker slow to change from id to id

Status
Not open for further replies.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
just download the newest unitrunker.and get good signal.but seems like when going from dispatch to car or handheld id's never change.they can talk and it will stay on the dispatch id.when i hear a car or handheld the dispatch id comes back up.never showing the right id??? listening to the gastonia nc system on site 2 of 0f18 charlotte nc system.is this a system issue or am I doing something wrong?? setting???

SCPD

QRT
id's never change.they can talk and it will stay on the dispatch id.
If the system using message trunking - you'll only see the first ID. If a mobile unit initiates the conversation, you should see the mobile unit's radio id.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
notice that its only on this system.viper works great.even when the mobile starts the conversation I still see the same id.its one flaky system.really sucks.but all other systems I monitor work fine. Thanks for the info.didnt know they had that type of system around.

D

DaveNF2G

If the system using message trunking - you'll only see the first ID. If a mobile unit initiates the conversation, you should see the mobile unit's radio id.

I know that a system that does transmission trunking (aka aggressive trunking) returns to the CC for a new channel grant for every new transmission. UID/LID/RID recovery on these systems is very reliable.

Is message trunking what they call the other way of doing things, where only one channel grant is transmitted for any series of transmissions on a talkgroup that occur within specified timeout parameters?

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
I know that a system that does transmission trunking (aka aggressive trunking) returns to the CC for a new channel grant for every new transmission. UID/LID/RID recovery on these systems is very reliable.

Is message trunking what they call the other way of doing things, where only one channel grant is transmitted for any series of transmissions on a talkgroup that occur within specified timeout parameters?

Yes I noticed on this system that it uses the same freq for the entire conversation.Man this setup really sucks for unitrunker programs.But still have my viper systems.why would they use this setup??? what does it help??? I read that it allows for anyone to abuse the system easier buy getting onto that system with unauthorized radios???

PS:LOVE THE NEW UNITRUNKER ITS SWEET!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.