Unitrunker System Import/Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

grem467

Rick

Great update to the app! What is the status of the import/export feature to go between multiple copies of unitrunker? I run a version at work that collects far more data on one particular system than my laptop. The laptop has more systems in it as i take it from place to place. I need to be able to take the one system from the work PC and import it (and its day to day changes) into my laptop. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks again!

SCPD

QRT
I worked on this a month or so ago. I think it's working. Use the Import and Export tool buttons to import or export a whole system.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I haven't used the program itself in a while so I haven't had an opportunity to test that feature, but I plan to do some road-tripping soon and will give it a shot then.

What I've been doing, just for the sake of interest, is copying my Unitrunker.xml into my Dropbox account after UT exits, so I can access it from any of my computers. I toyed with the idea of putting the actual working folder for UT in the Dropbox, but haven't given that a try yet (not sure what would happen if I inadvertently let two computers access the file at the same time - I think due to how Dropbox works, it wouldn't be an issue, but haven't tried it).

SCPD

QRT
Jay - the only risk is you might lose data. The last program that saves to the shared folder wins. The archive mechanism won't help you in this situation. If you aren't running two computers at once, you should be fine.

grem467

I am able to export the system into an XML file on the source computer, then browse to it on the destination computer. UT sees the XML file, but the OK button is greyed out when i select it. I have tried both importing it into the main window (with the list of systems) as well as the specific system.

Source machine is XP SP2, desitnation is W7 64bit, both running current versions of UT.

Ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to get the OK button to 'ungrey' by moving the exported XML from my desktop to a folder inside the root of C. However, it does not appear that anything was updated. None of the new data from the system was imported. As a test, i deleted the system from the list and retried the import. Nothing happend at all. Is this a W7 64 bit problem?

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'm able to duplicate this problem. It's not a W7 64 bit issue as I'm trying it on a W7 32 bit platform. At one point I was able to "ungrey" the OK button too, but then I could not make that happen again.

SCPD

QRT
Click the double-dot "..\" to navigate up the directory chain. The program refuses to import data from it's own working directories. That's the reason for a grey OK button.

Make sure the import type is "XML".

That said, I just tried this; it's not working for XML files. :(

grem467

At least im not crazy.. lol

also i am unable to get "Label" to show up on the call history tab for new systems. Systems that already had it enabled show just fine. I use this to denote what channel number in the system it is. I have checked and unchecked the box and nothing happens. This only seems to occur on new systems.

kevins669

Database Admin
Rick,

I still have been unable to use the Trunker import feature... Is there a known issue there? I have a lot of data I want to consolidate.

Thx

Kevin

bravada

Premium Subscriber
Import files from Trunker

I know there's been a bit of discussion around this but I'm wondering if any conclusion was reached regarding the importing of the radio ID and group ID files from the "old" Trunker program into the most recent version of Unitrunker? I have used Unitrunker Retro quite sometime ago and know that I could import the files from trunker to replace the RID's and GID's. I have literally thousands of hours of work in to keep trunker files up to date and would like to find a way to possibly begin using the newer Unitrunker.
Any comments or help appreciated.

SCPD

QRT
Im trying to use unitruker decoding the same system on two different computers.. is there anyway to export and import the user ID's between the two computer?

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Jay - the only risk is you might lose data. The last program that saves to the shared folder wins. The archive mechanism won't help you in this situation. If you aren't running two computers at once, you should be fine.

As Unitrunker is working now, if I kept a separate folder for each system I monitor and accessed them via a cloud based storage medium would my data be relatively safe from pollution of false data, and work properly?

To clarify, I would have multiple folders on a cloud drive broken up by SysID's, each folder containing all the files necessary for unitrunker to run on its own. If i only ran one instance of Unitrunker for each system at a time would this keep my data from getting polluted with bad data?

SCPD

QRT
To clarify, I would have multiple folders on a cloud drive broken up by SysID's, each folder containing all the files necessary for unitrunker to run on its own. If i only ran one instance of Unitrunker for each system at a time would this keep my data from getting polluted with bad data?
If you currently have a problem with false data, separate folders won't help. What setup do you use? Is signal fade a problem? Are you monitoring a Motorola system with one of the Uniden XT models?

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
I monitor primarily two systems, A EDACS simulcasted system with an additional site used to cover a rural area west of the city (City of Ottawa), and a large VHF Motorola system (882f). I have been monitoring these for a long time now (currently averaging 300,000+ hits per LCN) and my Data files are fairly mature so I am not seeing a lot of new GID's or LID's on the EDACS System. The Motorola system is fairly similar in that i don't get a lot of new info on it. These two systems I have installed on numerous computers and i am not so concerned with logging new info on them.

I was looking for a work around to the import/export issues so that I could start logging data on less frequently monitored systems. I have a stack of notes from various trips etc that is probably 5 years old with data to be deciphered and entered into a usable format. I wanted a way to stream line this without corrupting what data I have. I was hoping to create a separate sub-directory for each system, put it onto a cloud drive and from what I've seen, I thought that would work as long as i didn't try to use the same file at the same time on two different machines.

Until recently all my data was provided by discriminator tapped scanners. I have recently started using my GRE-310 as a data source for EDACS decoding, and have noted false LCN's being decoded; LCN 0,16,18,23,24 seam to be most common, over the last 4 days my GRE-310 has noted these channels, but the discriminator tapped scanner has not.

SCPD

QRT
I was looking for a work around to the import/export issues so that I could start logging data on less frequently monitored systems. I have a stack of notes from various trips etc that is probably 5 years old with data to be deciphered and entered into a usable format. I wanted a way to stream line this without corrupting what data I have. I was hoping to create a separate sub-directory for each system, put it onto a cloud drive and from what I've seen, I thought that would work as long as i didn't try to use the same file at the same time on two different machines.
Something like Dropbox should work. You'll have to create separate shortcuts to point Uniform.exe to each working folder.

I have recently started using my GRE-310 as a data source for EDACS decoding, and have noted false LCN's being decoded; LCN 0,16,18,23,24 seam to be most common, over the last 4 days my GRE-310 has noted these channels, but the discriminator tapped scanner has not.
Please report this to GRE.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I still can't import a system from the file I created during an export from a different machine. Did the issues ever get fixed? Using V1.0.25.1

I need to fix some issues with the import.

chris

SCPD

QRT
I had made some progress but don't remember what is left to be done. I'll review this over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.