UniTrunker Unable to Ascertain Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredwrx

I am using unitrunker 1.0.26.16, though I may update when I get a chance.

I am attempting to monitor the this system Interagency Communications Interoperability System (ICIS) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies
I am close to site 7 (Culver City) but it appears that I should be able to monitor site 2 (Oat Mountain) easily due to the coverage map.

I have set my SDR on the site 7 primary control channel (482.3625) but it appears unitrunker doesn't see it as a control channel. I then set it to the secondary control channel (482.5625) and it immediately popped up on unitrunker. Most of the information has populated, and appears correct. However, after sitting on the control channel for about 8 hours, it still has not been able to ascertain what the systems frequencies are. Screen shot attached.

I then setup my SDR to try and monitor Oat Mountain control channel, but I was not able to find the control channel. Instead, I was able to find Site 1. When I did, again, a window popped up immedaitely, and sat for several hours logging activity, but the frequencies never populated. I searched the internet, and found a how to that said to click the calculator, and then standard. So I did, and now the unitrunker screen has a bunch of 800 mhz frequencies, which is definitely not correct. Is there a way to remove the system from Unitrunker, and start again, or should/can I manually change the frequencies. Screen shot attached.

I would like to start trying to follow talkgroups, and think I need the proper frequencies to try that. I know the list of frequencies, can/should I just fill them in manually? Is there another solution.

Also, how can I set talkgroup priorities. I saw that mentioned on the board.

Thanks

Attachments

• Site 7.jpg
    Site 7.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Site 1.jpg
    Site 1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 235

SCPD

QRT
Motorola systems below 512 Mhz don't have standard band plans. Each site and system can be different. The band plan wizard will generally find the right plan for 851 and 935 Mhz systems.

For ISIS, you can do one of two things ...

a. manually enter each frequency.
b. manually enter the band plan for each site.

"b" is less effort and will often correctly calculate any new frequencies that aren't yet listed in the DB.

Site 7: Lo 500 Hi 759 Base 481.550 Spacing 12.5 Khz.
Site 2: Lo 380 Hi 759 Base 480.500 Spacing 12.5 Khz.

From a scanning perspective, the distinction between primary and alternate control channels is meaningless. As you found out, you have to check them all since - at any given moment - any one could be the active control channel.

(Continued ...)

Double click an ID to edit the text label and listening priority. If you have a premium subscription, you can click the download button to pull down any talkgroup labels already listed in the database.

wiredwrx

Thanks for the response. I will try what you suggested and report back if there are any issues. Just wondering how you calculated the info for the "b" method.

Status
Not open for further replies.