UniTrunker Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidda71

I have been adding who radio users are based on their radio ID number. I would like to be able to export that data from one computer to another computer.

I have tried to export the system but non of the user information that I have entered is included in the export.

Any ideas?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The application stores all that stuff as XML files in the Appdata folder usually if not the main install directory. If you find and copy all those files to the same folder on the new computerr, Unitrunker should be able to load them if it was installed the same way (there's an option at installation that lets you choose whether the XML files go to the appdata folder or the main install directory.

-AZ

kidda71

I had a bad XML file. I was able to get the a new XML file to export and import with all users and talkgroups. Thanks for the help.

I just wish the DSD software was easier to use without having to setup virtual pipes. I keep breaking them when I change my sound settings.... :(

joeuser

The Wretched
I had a bad XML file. I was able to get the a new XML file to export and import with all users and talkgroups. Thanks for the help.

I just wish the DSD software was easier to use without having to setup virtual pipes. I keep breaking them when I change my sound settings.... :(

Hang in there, once you get everything how ya like it - its point & shoot. Took me awhile, now I reboot once a week after I shutdown DSD+ & save & close Unitrunker. All I need to remember is to uncheck deemphasis. Easy peasy

nlurker

I have also been labeling radio IDs with user names, but it seems like they change a lot. What causes this? Do users just use different radios all the time? Also it looks as if one radio has a different radio ID on every P25 talk group. Is this right? All this makes my attempts to label users seem futile.

boycesm

I have also been labeling radio IDs with user names, but it seems like they change a lot. What causes this? Do users just use different radios all the time? Also it looks as if one radio has a different radio ID on every P25 talk group. Is this right? All this makes my attempts to label users seem futile.

I can't speak for the P25 systems, but with the Motorola Smartzone ones I've been logging Police. They each have their carry radios when on foot, and radios in their car. For instance one city has a radio for conventional tactical talk group, and another for their 800mhz Smartzone system. So if they get a traffic stop they may use the mounted car radio, and then while out with the car they may use their mobile radios. There is only 1 city that I have that maintains same officer for the same radios.

The Other cities/counties seem to change based on their beat or patrol. so their Unit number they they say over the radio changes when they get orders to patrol another beat. Their radios may stay the same I'm not too familiar with the police officers to recognize their voices, but they could also be changing per car and mobile set as well.

Last edited:

joeuser

The Wretched
In my area they all seem to use the same equipment. With one exception, a nearby county appears to have two officers sharing one vehicle - their portables are not shared tho. If they all just used randomly, it would be worth logging but only in the most general sense. Instead of Trooper 321 Zone X - Maybe X County Unit Vehicle

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.