Unitrunker Unitrunker v2 and single Airspy R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR-94

What is the correct way to set-up Unitrunker v2 to use a single Airspy R2 for both signal and voice for an EDACS system? I have 2 VCO's. One set to Signal and the other set to Voice with the VB Virtual Cable selected and when I select start, Unitrunker shows and decodes the control channel, but no other frequencies are shown and there is no audio being piped to DSDplus. The DSDplus scope shows nothing.

I tried configuring Unitrunker v2 a while back and never got it to work and i'm just now coming back to trying to configure it again.

TDR-94

That group wouldn't let me join again after I unintentionally unsubscribed. Even after I explained what happened they never responded back.

TDR-94

VFO 2 for voice, still does not start and there are no frequencies being populated on the LCN, other than the control channel frequency.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
VFO 2 for voice, still does not start and there are no frequencies being populated on the LCN, other than the control channel frequency.
Post screenshots for your Radios VFO tabs please, as well as the Calls window.

Last edited:

moonbounce

Make sure the Squelch on the signal VFO is set to -50 for a starting point, and adjust the PPM to get the Window as close to 0 as possible.

TDR-94

I'll try and get some screenshots tomorrow.

I set the Squelch midway between the noise floor RSSI level and the CC RSSI level, which is set at -64. The warp setting was best left at 0. I also have an issue with audio. I get a constant low level crackling from the speakers when I have any speaker setting selected and that includes when the mute selection is set to true. That was while selecting the VFO 1 signal tab.

I can not get any control channel audio to play through the speakers either. It's just a low level crackling that only stops if you stop the VFO or select the VB cable. The VFO 2 for voice doesn't start at all.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'll try and get some screenshots tomorrow.

I set the Squelch midway between the noise floor RSSI level and the CC RSSI level, which is set at -64. The warp setting was best left at 0. I also have an issue with audio. I get a constant low level crackling from the speakers when I have any speaker setting selected and that includes when the mute selection is set to true. That was while selecting the VFO 1 signal tab.

I can not get any control channel audio to play through the speakers either. It's just a low level crackling that only stops if you stop the VFO or select the VB cable. The VFO 2 for voice doesn't start at all.
The purpose of the screenshots is to see how you configured the radios and how they are performing - this is the same process used on the Google site.

TDR-94

The purpose of the screenshots is to see how you configured the radios and how they are performing - this is the same process used on the Google site.

Here are screenshots of all the screens that should have any relevance. If not let me know.

Screenshot 2022-04-14 131411.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 131411.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 132016.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 132059.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 132218.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 132218.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 132407.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 132506.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 132900.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 133306.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-14 133355.jpg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
If you unmute the audio on the Signal VFO, do you hear data noise? This is to test your audio output setup. Don't forget to re-mute.

Your RSSI looks good, but Window at 13 could be slightly better. Adjust the Warp value for the Signal VFO until you get as close to 0 (zero) as possible (within +/- 10 of zero is good). Warp values can be fractional and positive or negative.

Your LCN order needs some work as it is currently not defining channel frequencies - what system is this?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Another note: the last EDACS system in our area went away 2 years ago, so my memory of how to set up UT2 with EDACS is not fresh. I did use the RRDB download feature to define the system, so perhaps that might be easier for you.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What happens if in the voice vfo, you set Discover to True?

Would this system be the Brevrard County in FL?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Your voice channels are undefined - the program needs the frequencies associated with the LCNs. You should be able to edit those to correspond with the order listed in the RRDB if you can't download them (need a premium subscription to do that, and the RRDB SID.)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
This is an excerpt from the EDACS section of the Wiki:

"Motorola uses a specific bandplan or a complicated frequency defined system to assign frequencies. EDACS uses what are called Logical Channel Numbers LCN. Rather than assign a frequency with a specific identifier, each frequency at a site is assigned a number between 1 through 25. When a channel announcement occurs it contains only the LCN. With this in mind each radio must be programmed with which frequency corresponds to which LCN."

Unitrunker 2 in this case is analogous to a radio, meaning it needs programmed with the frequency associated with the LCN that is broadcast by the control channel.

TDR-94

I entered all the frequencies in the correct LCN order, for the voice VFO, and when I select start, for the voice VFO, nothing happens and I hear no audio.

If I select false for mute, on the signal VFO, I hear the CC audio, although it still has crackling that seems to lessen when the Airspy gain is set to max, but doesn't go away completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.