Unitrunker Unitrunker v2 and single Airspy R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I entered all the frequencies in the correct LCN order, for the voice VFO, and when I select start, for the voice VFO, nothing happens and I hear no audio.

If I select false for mute, on the signal VFO, I hear the CC audio, although it still has crackling that seems to lessen when the Airspy gain is set to max, but doesn't go away completely.
Can you post a screenshot of your Calls page now that you have entered the frequencies for the LCN? And also the entire Voice VFO tab when a call is being processed.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The Voice VFO is clearly not tuning a traffic channel as indicated by the red "000.000" in the frequency box and "Parked." In the Decode Section of the Voice VFO, try removing the control channel frequency from the Manual line, stop and restart the Radio.

TDR-94

The Voice VFO is clearly not tuning a traffic channel as indicated by the red "000.000" in the frequency box and "Parked." In the Decode Section of the Voice VFO, try removing the control channel frequency from the Manual line, stop and restart the Radio.

Sorry for taking so long to report back. I removed the control channel frequency from the manual line. The Voice VFO still does nothing.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Can you post screenshots of all your radio tabs with all options expanded? (Info, VFO1, VFO2)? What are the basic specs of your computer system? Is this an Airspy Mini or R2? The release you are using (51) is outdated. The current release is 96. I'll try to look back to see if that version had issues with EDACS.

TDR-94

I'm using an Airspy R2, computer is a laptop with an Intel Core i3-7100U processor,16 GB of RAM with a 1 TB HDD. The Airspy performance test shows that the computer is adequate for running the Airspy R2.

Yeah, I tells me it's out of date and to update when I go to open it. I have to select Cancel, otherwise the program won't open. Unitrunker 2.1.0.51 was the latest that was available at the time.

Here are the screenshots of the Info, VFO1 and VFO2 options.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 235206.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-28 235240.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-28 235331.jpg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I don't see anything obviously wrong with the Unitrunker configuration except that the program itself is not the current version - which is Preview 96, thus you are behind 45 revisions, some major. I would suggest trying to rejoin the Google Group once again because there are users there who actively monitor EDACS Provoice systems. Good luck.

TDR-94

I tried using it with a P25 Phase 1 system and the same result. The voice VFO does nothing. I have DSDPlus and SDR# working , but Unitrunker isn't.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I tried using it with a P25 Phase 1 system and the same result. The voice VFO does nothing. I have DSDPlus and SDR# working , but Unitrunker isn't.
Something in your system is borked.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Me neither, but when you are having issues with multiple protocols, it points to a host issue as the program itself is pretty solid. Configuring a P25 system is a no brainer vs EDACS.

TDR-94

Me neither, but when you are having issues with multiple protocols, it points to a host issue as the program itself is pretty solid. Configuring a P25 system is a no brainer vs EDACS.

Just to verify, there aren't any "special" settings or requirements to run Unitrunker v2 using a single Airspy R2 for both Signal and Voice VFO's, correct?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
No special settings other than Zadig for setting up Realtek dongles (Airspy has a native Windows driver.) I run it with an R2, Mini, or several Nooelecs depending on the target system. My current setup is tracking two systems concurrently: a Nooelec is logging a P2 system, and a Mini with 3 VFOs is monitoring a Smartzone system with digital and analog audio. No issues running preview 96. Fairly modern i5-9500T CPU. You really need to rejoin the Google Group to get the latest version and help from people who run UT2 on EDACS - you could create a throwaway email to rejoin if that's your issue.

KF6ORX

Premium Subscriber
That group wouldn't let me join again after I unintentionally unsubscribed. Even after I explained what happened they never responded back.
I tried to access that group and Google is so messed up I never got added to the group. Google is NOT where you put anything if your serious about getting it evaluated.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I tried to access that group and Google is so messed up I never got added to the group. Google is NOT where you put anything if your serious about getting it evaluated.
The Unitrunker Google group works fine for the rest of us. Same with the SDRtrunk and Trunking Recorder Google groups.

TDR-94

I guess I'm SOL. I tried registering with the Unitrunker group and after 4 days still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.