Unitrunker Unitrunker V2 Crash, What's it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Had Unitrunker V2 running on my Win 10 machine using NooElec NESDR Nano2+ SDR, ran fine all night and through the morning. Went out this afternoon and returned to a long list of errors and UT2 shut down, any input as to what these errors might mean?

Screenshot 2020-06-27 18.10.15 (2).png

slicerwizard

These errors? It's only one error.

Looks like a coding error / bug. Maybe a race condition? Send the screen shot to the author. There's a UT forum on Google Groups, isn't there?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
What version of UT2? Nanos do burn themselves up, btw. My UT2 install (V2.1 P28) follows 2 systems 24/7. Doesn't crash. The P25P2 system is data only with a Nooelec Blank v4; the SmartZone system uses an AirSpy R2 with voice enabled.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What version of UT2? Nanos do burn themselves up, btw. My UT2 install (V2.1 P28) follows 2 systems 24/7. Doesn't crash. The P25P2 system is data only with a Nooelec Blank v4; the SmartZone system uses an AirSpy R2 with voice enabled.

The SDR is only about a month (or less) old and I'm running 2.1.0.28 (newest version)

Screenshot 2020-06-27 18.57.13 (2).png

maus92

Premium Subscriber
OK, I would run it using only one RTL radio at a time, i.e. just start the Nano or just start the FlightAware. If you get the same failure, then run the other RTL and see if that one fails.

BTW, what version of W10, and what are your PC hardware specs?

A screenshot of your RTL radio specs found in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus devices>(RTL Radio name)>Driver tab>Driver Details would help

Unitrunker has a Google Group that you can join for more troubleshooting. The dev monitors it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
BTW, what version of W10, and what are your PC hardware specs?

A screenshot of your RTL radio specs found in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus devices>(RTL Radio name)>Driver tab>Driver Details would help

Unitrunker has a Google Group that you can join for more troubleshooting. The dev monitors it.

Yes I belong to the group and if it continues to be a issue I'll mention it there, just wanted to ask here first.

My win 10 is the most recent/updated version on a Toshiba Laptop

Untitled.jpg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I am suspicious of a heat issue only because I've burned up a Nano and you had the machine running for a while before it failed. Your driver appears to be installed correctly. The error screen does mention enumeration several times, and those errors tend to be USB related. Rick would know more.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The Google group is the preferred method of reporting errors with the 2.x previews. Rick hasn't ever made any 2.x previews public, it's solely distributed within the Google group, and for good reason. I understand the instinct to post on RR out of habit, and because it's a wider audience, however it's not a targeted audience in this case of specific preview software. Rick doesn't participate nearly as much as he used to on RR, so for the sake of the rest of us using UT 2.x, please contribute stuff like this to the group so we all benefit from potential fixes to bona fide bugs. Thanks! :)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Acting upon @maus92 thoughts about the heat issue, I removed the SDR from the plastic case and have been running it for over 24 hours with no issues and a whole lot cooler SDR. Hope that was either a hick up in the software or a heat issue, but it is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.