Unitrunker & Voice Scanner (245XLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

Last week I finally got unitrunker up and working; today I picked up a 245XLT scanner to use as a voice scanner. Anyone use one of these as a voice scanner? Care to assist me in getting mine up and running?

Go-24

Got it up and running on win98, but no such luck with winXP; I guess I need to get a time traveler and go back in time when win98 was da bomb! Maybe the next 21st century release should work on 21st century operating systems?

SCPD

QRT
That's bizarre. Glad it works for you on '98. I have no clue why one and not the other. On top of that, there's no diagnostic support (yet) there's nothing to provide a clue as to why. The next beta will have to improve on this.

slickdick

My 780 is tapped and I have Senss Interface for the 245,want do you put the 245 in bank 1 or scan trunk or coventional or want.

SCPD

QRT
slickdick said:
My 780 is tapped and I have Senss Interface for the 245,want do you put the 245 in bank 1 or scan trunk or coventional or want.
Connect the radio as usual - put it into remote mode.
For Unitrunker
From the Unitrunker main menu, select "O" (options), then "C" (configure). Press TAB to select the "Voice radio" field. Set that to BC245XLT (use the spacebar). Set the baud rate to match your radio [ check your BC245Int software settings ]. Other settings should be 8 bits, 1 stop bit and parity = none. Type Alt-S to save.

To turn on Listening ... again from the main menu, type "L" (listen). Set the following ...

Listen = Yes.
Ignore Listen = Yes.
Park mode = Mute.
Park freq = 121.5 mhz (or other frequency of choice)
Threshold = 50
Ignore Threshold = Yes
Mute = No.
Ignore Lockout = Yes.

This effectively places the program in "open" mode. Type Alt-S to save. I think there's a problem the first time this is done ... so you'll need to exit and restart the program.

After the program restarts and begins tracking ... it will set the frequency of the monitored channel to a lime green color. You should see the frequency display of your radio change as calls come and go. There are some bugs in this area. I'm not even sure if the '245 will work at this point.

-rick

Go-24

Thanks for the instructions; I gave them a shot; no luck with the 245 on XP. :( I also didnt see any parked options. What version are you using?

slickdick

Rick Tryed the 245 did not work. I have a 235 tapped I can use for your progam and the 780 for voice but with 780 befor I put it in remote should I put it in conventional in lets saybank 1 with no Freqs.

SCPD

QRT
slickdick said:
Rick Tryed the 245 did not work. I have a 235 tapped I can use for your progam and the 780 for voice but with 780 befor I put it in remote should I put it in conventional in lets saybank 1 with no Freqs.
The program should "bump" the radio out of scan mode to manual mode. You can try both (with and w/o the radio in scan mode). If it makes a difference, let us know.
-rick

slickdick

I changed in menu to 780 and com 1 and saved did not work went back in menu and it was on 245 com 2 tred again and it went back 245 voice and com2.

SCPD

QRT
slickdick said:
I changed in menu to 780 and com 1 and saved did not work went back in menu and it was on 245 com 2 tred again and it went back 245 voice and com2.
*shrug*
Okay ... what keystrokes did you use ... from beginning to end ?

slickdick

From Unitrunker main menu ,select O , C configure Press tap to voice radio. Set to780, set baud rate to 8 bits 1 stop bit and parlity = none Typed ALT-S to save.

SCPD

QRT
slickdick said:
From Unitrunker main menu ,select O , C configure Press tap to voice radio. Set to780, set baud rate to 8 bits 1 stop bit and parlity = none Typed ALT-S to save.
That should return you back to the main menu. Use the e[X]it menu item to exit the program. Don't use the windows frame window [X] close button in the top right corner. Don't right-click on the program icon in the taskbar and select "Close". Either will prevent the program from saving your settings.

The settings should "stick". Restart and confirm your configuration.

-rick

Status
Not open for further replies.